VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Honestly, there are three cars I love, and the rest are basically forgotten about.

The Integra, Prelude, and GTI are by far my favorite cars from the late 90s, early 2000s.
The prelude in stock form is still a very handsome car, and the GTI looks great. Integras still seem like a small cramped wedge, but their fun factor is what makes them special. I personally think this is a great test.

Except that eclipse. Those things were always turds.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
The 2.5RS really does look old now though. Subaru has had way too many models after it to really make it seem modern. The Celica I'll agree with. It still looks like it could pass as a brand new model, maybe some slight changes, but it's still better than some of the **** out there.

·
Banned
5,436 Posts
The 2.5RS really does look old now though. Subaru has had way too many models after it to really make it seem modern. The Celica I'll agree with. It still looks like it could pass as a brand new model, maybe some slight changes, but it's still better than some of the **** out there.
True ... I'm just expressing a bit of bias here as an owner ... the GC Imprezas though I think still look good for their age. Has there been considerable revision in the last decade, oh yeah, for sure, but you take a clean GC8 and man, it's a *very* good looking car ...

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
lol at the 7.7 gti glx 0-60. nice time!
I was thinking the same. I thought they were a lot quicker. I remember my Honda buddies (B18C5 EG/EK owners etc) praising the GTI with the VR6 and how fast it was.

My 1994 Maxima SE with a manual at the time was around 7.0 secs to sixty, so it was always fun to take it against some of these GSR etc. It was all about the driver really. Ahh the younger days and the track days.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
FV-QR

The only thing I thought the 5th gen prelude needed was a different front end, more specifically, different headlights. Still a sleek and athetic design from all angles, just the front end is awkward imo.

I've driven a couple of my friends 5th gen and sort of did a back-to-back comparo with mine and you can definitely feel the ~10hp or so difference in power. Steering and shifting didn't really feel all that different to me but the 5th gen did feel sharper around corners than mine did no doubt.

Would love to see a reincarnation once Honda figures out how to make good looking cars again.

·
Registered
2013 Boxster S, 2020 XC90, 2022 Ioniq5 LR AWD
1,407 Posts
I just finished Gr12 when this article came out, and I remembered how all my Asian friends all got a new GTS, or a Prelude as a graduation present back then. I was driving my cute little teal 1992 GTi 16v

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.