VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got my Jensen VM9312 7" Flip Out installed in my car. Everything works good exept when I put a DVD in, it says "Engage Emergency Brake Sequence" when my emergency brake is up.
The guy who installed it at World Hi-Fi said I would have to take the CD out and put it back in like 3 times to get it to work but it never worked. Any ideas?

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
"Insert the DVD
After the disc loads and plays you will see a blue screen telling you "it is unlawful to drive with a movie blah blah blah"
1)Activate the brake sequence and disable the blue screen using the hand brake, the switch method or anything else to give the unit its three pulses to disable that freakin blue screen.
(What I did was I installed my radio entirely, then took the pink wire and touched for two seconds, removed for two seconds and then touched and held the negative pole of a mower battery laying on my passenger seat until the screen was no longer blue.)

2) Next, on the main remote press stop twice, then 1, 2, 6, 4.
You will now see a hidden menu that says:
Region Code
Brake Override (I know you're drooling by now)
Macrovision (Watch all the burned and pirated movies you want if this option is off)
Loader Version
Model Version

3) Using the right joystick on the unit, navigate to the options of your choice, click on them to toggle on, off or which region code you want.
This is what you want:
Region Code: 1
Brake Override ON
Macrovision: OFF
When your done, click SYS SETUP on the main remote TWICE to save the settings and bingo, your done!!! Hooray!!!"
I just read this online. Does anyone know if this works?

· Registered
1,499 Posts
the flip up in my car works while im driving
though it took some "added install steps"
it will play while driving without the blue screen of death coming up at all. And i've got it wired to a hidden button in the cubbie hole in front of the shifter in case i get pulled over

· Registered
638 Posts
Re: (Justaviper)

Quote, originally posted by JupezVW »
"Insert the DVD
After the disc loads and plays you will see a blue screen telling you "it is unlawful to drive with a movie blah blah blah"
1)Activate the brake sequence and disable the blue screen using the hand brake, the switch method or anything else to give the unit its three pulses to disable that freakin blue screen.
(What I did was I installed my radio entirely, then took the pink wire and touched for two seconds, removed for two seconds and then touched and held the negative pole of a mower battery laying on my passenger seat until the screen was no longer blue.)

2) Next, on the main remote press stop twice, then 1, 2, 6, 4.
You will now see a hidden menu that says:
Region Code
Brake Override (I know you're drooling by now)
Macrovision (Watch all the burned and pirated movies you want if this option is off)
Loader Version
Model Version

3) Using the right joystick on the unit, navigate to the options of your choice, click on them to toggle on, off or which region code you want.
This is what you want:
Region Code: 1
Brake Override ON
Macrovision: OFF
When your done, click SYS SETUP on the main remote TWICE to save the settings and bingo, your done!!! Hooray!!!"
I just read this online. Does anyone know if this works?

Does anyone know if this works?
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Quote, originally posted by Justaviper »
the flip up in my car works while im driving
though it took some "added install steps"
it will play while driving without the blue screen of death coming up at all. And i've got it wired to a hidden button in the cubbie hole in front of the shifter in case i get pulled over

Details on additional steps?

· Registered
1,878 Posts
Re: (Lt. Crash)

with the unit on fm radio
1 hit setup on the remote
2 touch language on the screen
3 then 543210 on the remote
4 it will bring up the secret menu
and you will see park brake override
I know this works on most all jensens

· Registered
906 Posts
Some systems are getting a little more difficult than just grounding the brake wire. Some need the switch, because if it sense the brake wire is ground when the vehicle first turns on, and then not back off and on to watch a dvd, or even more advanced with a gps system, based on vehicle speed.

· Registered
1,878 Posts
Re: (ShaggysGTI)

the new alpine stuff is fun to bypass it has to see the park brake and the foot brake in it's cycle.So a little trigger device hooked to the remote make it pretty easy

· Registered
235 Posts
Re: (Lt. Crash)

Quote, originally posted by Lt. Crash »
Just installed a VM9313, grounded to frame, movies play fine. No codes, No parking brake, just plug-n-play!

I just put the 9412 in my wife's jetta. I connected the parking brake wire up to the e-brake and I even tried grounding it. I could not get video to work at all. It always gave me the blue screen and asked for me to activate the e-brake. So I used the method below and it worked great.
Quote, originally posted by dubweizer »
with the unit on fm radio
1 hit setup on the remote
2 touch language on the screen
3 then 543210 on the remote
4 it will bring up the secret menu
and you will see park brake override
I know this works on most all jensens

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.