VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the jetta gl, no power windows. To make my windows power windows, do I just need the motors and switches etc. Or do I need to replace my window with the one from the power window?

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Re: Jetta 4 door Power Windows Question (fluxburn)

im not an expert but i've been inside my doors enough times to figure some ish out - you will most likely need: motor, regulator assembly, new door harness to supply power to your new stuff (part number ends in R for the rear doors but i have no clue as to the fronts) and you'll probably need the plastic panels from a power window equipped 4dr car so you can put the switches in. if i were you, i'd find a wrecking yard in your area that has a jetta w/ power windows and see what you can rip off that one... its easily VERY expensive to do it from new OEM parts... ONE harness alone cost me 90$ +

·
Registered
277 Posts
Re: Jetta 4 door Power Windows Question (Apoc112)

I just put pw in my jetta. I only got the it for the fronts. It was easy install. I got my here at http://www.a1electric.com/ . they even got install pics for mk3 jetta on there website. You can also go to junkyard too, but heard that mk3 regulators suck. good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts