VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very seriously considering a 4-mo valence for my black Jetta. How was the install? Fairly easy I presume? Did it come with the inserts for the whole lower grille sections, or were they separate? Post pics if you have 'em.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Re: Jetta 4-Motion Valence (front) Owners. (Duo128)

quote:[HR][/HR]I'm very seriously considering a 4-mo valence for my black Jetta. How was the install? Fairly easy I presume? Did it come with the inserts for the whole lower grille sections, or were they separate? Post pics if you have 'em.
Thanks in advance.[HR][/HR]​
I have a 4 MO valance that I am looking to sell. I can ship it to you if you would like. As far as the lower grille sections, they are part of the bumper not the 4MO Front Spoiler. Here is a picture that should help you out. The install is very easy!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Jetta 4-Motion Valence (PA_Jetta1.8T)

thanks... now, anyone know where i can get those air-duct looking lower grille inserts like these?

[Modified by Duo128, 7:18 PM 9-28-2002]

·
Banned
1,518 Posts
Re: Jetta 4-Motion Valence (Duo128)

install isnt that easy.
you need to unscrew the screws on the inside of the fender walls. takeing off the front valence was hard. And when putting on the 4-motion front it will look like it wont fit......like it will look like its 4 inches too short. but dont worry about that all all......it will line up later on.
i shouldnt say its hard.....but dont be scared to use force.....my thumbs where hurting the next two days.

i like it alot though....
Edit: still drunk.....cant write

[Modified by Wan.8Tea, 7:28 PM 9-28-2002]

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Jetta 4-Motion Valence (PA_Jetta1.8T)

Thanks, I'll sure let you know if i decide on 4-motion. But right now.. im sorta leaning towards the Rieger valence. thanks for the link.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Re: Jetta 4-Motion Valence (Duo128)

yeh dont give up when installing.. just keep pushing and pushing it will go ... what seemed to work best on my back ones were securing the corners first and then going from there

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.