VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you all think $2500 is too much to ask for a 92 Jetta. It has roughly 180,000 miles and has a new parts list a mile long. The car is in good condition on the exterior as well as the interior. It burns a little oil, but no more than 1 quart every 3 thousand miles. It starts up on the first try, every time. The only problem with the car is the idle. It will lope between 400 and 1200 rpm, but only does it about half the time. The O2 sensor is to blame, and I will have a new on when I sell it. BTW, it is a digifant 8 valve. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

[Modified by Brett92, 7:38 PM 12-1-2002]

·
Registered
737 Posts
Re: Jetta 4 sale (Brett92)

That's too little if you ask me. Start it at $3200. You have a good car, don't give it away. I payed 2750 for this:

·
Registered
8,406 Posts
Re: Jetta 4 sale (joyofdriving)

I just bought my 91 digi 8v Jetta GL with 78k for $2200. It's pretty damn near perfect besides the missing front fender flares. I even got an extra set of wheels & tires for that price.
I'm not going to tell you that your price is too high because prices change depending on where you live.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Re: Jetta 4 sale (VW-BMW)

I bought my 92 8V Jetta 2 years ago for $2000 and it was in excellent condition. back then it only had 140K on it and ran incredibly well...
i guess i just got a great deal...i've put about $3K into it though but that's just preventive maint. and slight mods.

·
Registered
15,158 Posts
Re: Jetta 4 sale (86coupe)

quote:[HR][/HR]hey guess what this isnt the classifieds go post somehwere else[HR][/HR]​
He's not sellin the car, brightlight, he's asking for opinions on how much he should sell it for.
What is it with people these days...Sheesh

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
Re: Jetta 4 sale (SidRocco)

quote:[HR][/HR]hey guess what this isnt the classifieds go post somehwere elseHe's not sellin the car, brightlight, he's asking for opinions on how much he should sell it for.
What is it with people these days...Sheesh
[HR][/HR]​
heh... and i was waitin for someone to open their mouth big enough to put their foot in
i just bought my 91 Jetta for $2000 and found out after the fact that it wasnt the deal i thougt it was. yours sounds incredibly clean and i really think its worth at least 2500 maybe even as much as 3000. theres always someone who will lowball you and others that throw around prices that seem good at the time. if you do decide to sell, pick a price about what you think its worth and stick to it. using "OBO" just invites the thought into your head that a close enough offer will suffice and you'll never get an offer thats around what your asking - then you end up sellin for lower than what you want. been there - done that

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Re: Jetta 4 sale (SilberBora02)

you also have to understand the age of the car. Sure, to people on the vortex and other vw enthusiasts the price * should * be more b/c its rare to find a car like that in decent condition, blah blah blah, but to the average person, they will see no reason why they should pay more than $1500 for a car thats over a decade old. the truth hurts sometimes.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Re: Jetta 4 sale (bpfoley)

haha funny you guys say pay too much for a car over ten years old i paid 6500 for my jetta. but the interior and the body are emmaculate. i made a mistake payin so much but ya know id do it all over again. i love it

·
Registered
8,406 Posts
Re: Jetta 4 sale (VW-BMW)

quote:[HR][/HR]I just bought my 91 digi 8v Jetta GL with 78k for $2200. It's pretty damn near perfect besides the missing front fender flares. I even got an extra set of wheels & tires for that price.
I'm not going to tell you that your price is too high because prices change depending on where you live.[HR][/HR]​
Forgot the add the owner first advertised it for $3500. I waited a good 3 weeks and made a lowball offer offer of $2000. He took it. The extra $200 was for the P-wheels/tires/other misc parts he had laying around. Nothing wrong about making lowball offers, it's up to the seller to say yes or no.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Re: Jetta 4 sale (Brett92)

i paid like $900 for a 87 jetta and it had 60k miles. I have also bought a 89 jetta that had 120k miles for $1000, so personally speaking $2500 is a bit high
quote:[HR][/HR]Do you all think $2500 is too much to ask for a 92 Jetta. It has roughly 180,000 miles and has a new parts list a mile long. The car is in good condition on the exterior as well as the interior. It burns a little oil, but no more than 1 quart every 3 thousand miles. It starts up on the first try, every time. The only problem with the car is the idle. It will lope between 400 and 1200 rpm, but only does it about half the time. The O2 sensor is to blame, and I will have a new on when I sell it. BTW, it is a digifant 8 valve. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

[Modified by Brett92, 7:38 PM 12-1-2002][HR][/HR]​

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
Re: Jetta 4 sale (OZ jetta)

At least in my market, I $2,000 would be more like it for that mileage -- most of your potential market won't know that a 180K-mi. 8v has an easy 100K more miles in it.
If it's as clean as you say, though, go ahead and list it at $2,500 -- no harm in asking! Good luck, and here's hoping you get another Dub!

·
Registered
2004 MK4 Golf 2.0, 2006 K1500, 1985 442, 2012 Ford Flex EB
3,076 Posts
Re: Jetta 4 sale (OstTrefftWest)

I'd say $2000 for it, I dunno what the demand is in GA for A2 dubs but it's probably not too high, if you are looking for local sale. An enthiusiast off the 'tex is usually willing to spend a little more.
I'd pay $1500- $1800, I mean 180 000 miles is pretty high. I paid $1000 for my 8v with 135 000 on the clock. Always on the look out for another dub though if the price is right

1 - 13 of 13 Posts