VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my stock floor mats for my jetta are starting to look pretty nasty and i'm looking for some new ones. which kind would be the best to get that look good and are gonna last? pictures of links to websites would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Re: jetta floor mats (Passetta00)

i hate them...but everyone will say monster mats...dont know where to get them tho

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Re: jetta floor mats (frankwhite2000)

I'd say there are two options:
A - VW rubber mats. I'm not much for the way they look, but they clean up easy and are about as indestructable as a mat gets.
B - VW OEM mats. Clean look that dosen't change the looks of the car (meaning not really noticed) but as you obviously know, not nearly as durable.
Your call. IF it were me, I'd get new OEM mats and expect them to wear.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Re: jetta floor mats (Borasix)

Quote, originally posted by Borasix »
i hate them...but everyone will say monster mats...dont know where to get them tho

While they are very functional and last long, I don't like any type of rubber floor mats at all either. It's been my experience that they get very slippery.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Re: jetta floor mats (mahmgb)

There is a guy in the for sale forum (02gti338) who sells brand new mats for $25. I am going to be getting a pair shortly to replace my already worn mats after a year of use....

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Re: jetta floor mats (mahmgb)

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Do NOT but diamond plated floor mats. I bought those and they are to this day the 1 and only purchase I ever regret buying. First off, you know the pegs in the floor that hold the oem mats in place, well the plated ones I got did not have the holes matched up right, and even if they were, it would look really gay...they're paper thin and make are cars look ghetto. These are going to be the ones I go with due to the fact they look nice, click into place and cover the part of the door sill which will keep out a lot of stuff I would eventually have to vaccum. Sheesh...that was a lot. As soon as I saw the diamond plated it just brought back so many bad memories...oh, and they're hard to keep nice. After a while they will be all scratched. If you'd like, I can post a pics of the rears to show how $hitty they are, and those are the back were harldy anyone ever sits. Get these.

Molded Floor Mats
US $115.85
These clean-sculpted mats are precisely formed to fit your Volkswagen like the proverbial glove. Their depth keeps debris in check and allows for easy cleaning - simply remove, shake out and vacuum. The molded floor mats also feature a heavy-duty heel pad, which protects against wear. A retention feature keeps the mats in place. Set of four.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts

I'll sell you my diamond plate set if you want them. I'll take pics if you want to see them. They are brand new, never used. I planned on using them just at shows, but it looks like I won't have enough time to make it to very many shows.
Let me know.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Re: jetta floor mats (Mk4Idol)

Quote, originally posted by Mk4Idol »

Those are awful! There can be no better way to make your interior ghetto!

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Re: jetta floor mats (Mk4Idol)

Quote, originally posted by Mk4Idol »

http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
8,893 Posts

Just go to Walmart and get some Pantsaver, they look just fine in my 01 Jetta, I have no idea why everyone raves on Monster mats when the Pantsaver look great and are way cheaper.

·
Banned
6,488 Posts
Re: jetta floor mats (machspeedvw)

Quote, originally posted by machspeedvw »
B - VW OEM mats. Clean look that doesn't change the looks of the car (meaning not really noticed) but as you obviously know, not nearly as durable.

Beware. The carpet mats sold by the parts counter (like in the Driver's Gear) do not fit correctly like the OEM ones that may be only special order.
Suggest making a pattern from the OEMs and order from company like Lloyd's, that can match color and can custom fit to OEM quality.
Carpet mats are the only way to go. Plastic floors are for trucks.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Re: jetta floor mats (NC-GTI)

For someone like me, who lives in the swamp... I really really want a set of those molded OEs... Are the back pair molded as well?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts