VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Jetta GLI
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was under the impression that the north america mkvi jetta / gli didn't have an air conditioned glovebox as an option, just one of the many conveniences stripped away by the bean counters in an attempt to grow market share. was this always an option from 2012 - 2017, or was it made available from 2015 - 2017? does anyone know?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a 30 edition. I definitely didn't get this option.
You might have it, check your glovebox for a little circle at the back or on the sides... It looks like this.
Automotive design Personal luxury car Motor vehicle Steering part Steering wheel

Just turn it until cold air starts coming out. It takes air from the AC system, so if your heating the car, the glovebox gets hot, and the same way for the cold. I'd be surprised if you didn't have it, as I haven't seen a VW yet without it...

·
Registered
2014 Jetta GLI
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A WHAT??? WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?
ive been looking online for a cheap replacement glovebox that has the built in bracket for passenger front footwell light, and noticed that a few of the used parts had what appeared to be the adapter piece for the cooled glovebox vent. i did some further digging and it was an option on the jetta hybrid and the gli. although i'm not sure, i saw some jetta hybrid
You might have it, check your glovebox for a little circle at the back or on the sides... It looks like this.
View attachment 118391
Just turn it until cold air starts coming out. It takes air from the AC system, so if your heating the car, the glovebox gets hot, and the same way for the cold. I'd be surprised if you didn't have it, as I haven't seen a VW yet without it...
My 2014 GLI did not come with the cooled glovebox option, but the 2013-2016 Jetta Hybrid had it, and the 2015-2017 Jetta GLI had it too. Actually, the hvac schematics for the MK6 Jetta Hybrid show the cooled glove box option, as well as the rear center console ac vents option too. To retrofit the venting into a jetta glovebox, you would need p/n 1K1816311, 1K0820731, 3B081635501C, 1K0819425, and 1T0857489, or buy the glovebox for $50 and the hose/duct 1K1816311.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts