VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ok, so I admit I don't own a VW (yet) but I've been researching for a while and I'll be ready to buy one soon!
One of the members on the board has this car and had a link to their Blue Lagoon Jetta GLS 1.8T pics...The pic of the dash shows an indented section for the Trip Computer, but I was under the impression that only the GLX came with it. But when I was in a 2002 Jetta GLS 1.8T Tiptronic last week the I could have sworn the dash didn't have that indent in it (unless I'm going senile).
So what exactly is in there?

[Modified by Ravah, 8:28 AM 12-3-2001]

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Re: Jetta GLS Dash...what is that! (Ravah)

Only the top section of that blank area is used in the GLS. That area is used for warning lights like washer fluid, gas etc...i think...

·
Registered
4,493 Posts

Yeah I have a GLS and the lower half of the screen is unused. The top is for idiot lights that include oil gas and some others. Very bottom is used for AT gear symbols. GLX Trip computer is sweet, but not worth the cash of getting the GLX. Get a GLS with either 180hp 1.8T or wait for the new VR6 to debut.

·
Registered
900 Posts

It's not the MFA, just a recessed panel that has a few lights in it..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Jetta GLS Dash...what is that! (SnowbrdrVW)

Hehe...ok I admit it I'm going senile!
Just remember 'the voices told me so...'
I wasn't paying much attention when I took out the 02 Jetta so I musta overlooked it...and then when I saw the pic of this interior I did a double-take
At least I know it's me...
[email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.