VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Jetta which just had the infotainment screen replaced. I took it to the dealership to pair the screen with the main computer so it would unlock itself for use and now that its back ive noticed a strange issue with the media screen.

When i hook my phone to bluetooth and play music through the car, it typically shows which song is playing on the screen. Since getting it back from the dealership is will show the initial song i choose just fine, but when i skip to the next song the screen wont change with it, and from that point on it will only show the previous song i played no matter what i do or how many songs i play.

Anyone else have the issue before? It wasnt doing it before getting the new screen.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
MIB1’s are glitchy like that. I usually wipe and reinstall the firmware when doing repairs on them (sometimes they get a free upgrade). A hard reset sometimes works. Turn off and hold the button down for 10 seconds.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MIB1’s are glitchy like that. I usually wipe and reinstall the firmware when doing repairs on them (sometimes they get a free upgrade). A hard reset sometimes works. Turn off and hold the button down for 10 seconds.

Hard reset didnt work. How would i reinstall the firmware?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wrong forum but since you are here,

If you don't have VCDS, buy it.

VCDS with HEX-V2 Enthusiast | Ross-Tech

BTW, I think this is the correct forum (since I don't have a Jetta sedan I am guessing as to the generation):

Jetta/GLI VI | VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum
Yeah i realized after posting i was in the wrong thread. For some reason the repost i did in the jetta thread got removed?
Anyway, ill look into one of those. Ive been thinking i should get my hands on one anyway.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Ok, this hasn’t been moved yet. You can download firmware from VW, but it’s not free or cheap.

You already paid for this, my man, return to service. There’s a lot of things that have to be done with ODIS because VW wants to be like Apple and make it so you can’t work on your own car.

It needs to connect with the backend server (VW), ensure that the software/firmware is up to date, code it, and perform adaptations and modify any basic settings. That can go sideways and result in your complaint - Not your fault, their’s.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.