VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to verify something that I read in another thread.
If I run just the Jetta headlights and grill, will the Golf hood still function properly without modification and give a slight boser effect?
Thanks in advance for the info.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Re: Jetta lights / grill on a GTI...? (Spd33)

yeah the golf hood will still function properly... if you consider flying back into the windsheild of your car (kinda tommy-boy style) proper function. you have to change the hood if you change the lights and the grille...no way around it http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
unless of course you wanna do lots of modification to it...

[Modified by pdxvento, 9:36 PM 11-29-2001]

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Jetta lights / grill on a GTI...? (pdxvento)

quote:[HR][/HR]yeah the golf hood will still function properly... if you consider flying back into the windsheild of your car (kinda tommy-boy style) proper function. you have to change the hood if you change the lights and the grille...no way around it http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
unless of course you wanna do lots of modification to it...
[Modified by pdxvento, 9:36 PM 11-29-2001][HR][/HR]​
Are you positive? I can't see how other than looking different that changing the lights and grill would cause what you describe.

[Modified by Spd33, 9:39 PM 11-29-2001]

·
Registered
5,507 Posts

Well if Stealth is using a Jetta hood with dual rounds and gti grille then you should be able to do the opposite.

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Jetta lights / grill on a GTI...? (Golf_CL)

quote:[HR][/HR]Well if Stealth is using a Jetta hood with dual rounds and gti grille then you should be able to do the opposite.[HR][/HR]​
That's what I'm thinking. Just want to verify it. - Andy

·
Premium Member
8,084 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Well if Stealth is using a Jetta hood with dual rounds and gti grille then you should be able to do the opposite.
That's what I'm thinking. Just want to verify it. - Andy[HR][/HR]​
Except he has a gap right now. The Golf hood will damage the Jetta lights. There is not enough clearance without modifications.

·
Banned
5,873 Posts
Re: Jetta lights / grill on a GTI...? (abtjetta)

but if you're tricky, like someone who shall remain nameless.....

you can pull it off with some minor sheetmetal and welding skills.

not that i'm going to do something like that...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.