VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well like a week or two ago I decided to trade my friend cars for a few days just like I did before. (Same guy who use to own the civic now owns a jeep). Well tonight I get a call saying he was in a wreck. He pulled out of spaceage gas station stopped then went as he was going into the walmart side of the parking lot the rear 1/4 panel got tagged by a explorer without its lights on and spun the car around. There is a high possibility the car is going to be totalled since the bumper was destroyed (separated the bumper from the mounting point and no not just the plastic) The rear wheel sits inward towards the engine bay. Where the tail light use to be is now gone. The gas cover doesn't close now and other things. I will have pictures tomorrow in the day light. And gotta play the insurance games now. Oh and we do have two witnesses saying that the explorer had no lights on and was speeding. I mean he was in a parking lot and it spun the car around.

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
I've seen a LOT worse.
I'd estimate about 5-6K repair bill depending mainly on what needs painting after a new rear corner is welded on. The only way they would write it off is if there was damage to the floor where the rear axel is mounted but even then, that can be yanked into place.
Baz

·
Banned
3,759 Posts
Re: (One Gray GLI)

Yeah, harder to total a car with a rear end crash unless the carnage is really bad. I would say that is not totalled, especially if there is no structural damage.
But that is what insurance is for. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
857 Posts
Re: (sturat_7)

Sad to hear. I feel your pain. I too was hit by an explorer. Wish my car was written off too, at the time is was stock. Was anything said about your friend not being the owner the of the car?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: jetta might be dead (Cameron1152)

Well, I got two quotes so far still haven't heard back from the insurance companies. They are trying to pull **** do to me not driving. Oh well a lawyer will be involved if it doesn't get solved soon.
One damage quote was 3700 + 1500 or so in "hidden damage"
The other one was 4800 +1500 or so in "hidden damage" So either way no where near totalled.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.