VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Jetta. It has the double din Monsoon head unit in it. I'm adding an aftermarket single din HU, and for reasons too complicated to go into here, I would also like to add a single din stock unit. What I'm looking for is a single din that's got a receiver and cd player. Do these even exist? All the single HUs I've seen are receiver and tape, with a seperate cd only HU that can be added.
I also want to make sure that whatever stock HU I add, the steering wheel controls will work without have to buy a third party adapter of some sort. I'd appreciate any tips. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Re: Jetta single din HU question (nidhal)

what'cha doin??

(i'm nosy, and i like to hear about other ppl's creativeness.)

Edit: and there's no north american stock hu that's a single din w/cd.... i dunno about over the pond.

[Modified by spaceman_spiff, 5:51 AM 4-12-2002]

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Jetta single din HU question (spaceman_spiff)

I have an Empeg Car Rio player. If you aren't familiar with them, they are a cool gizmo that plays mp3 files. I can fit about 600 full length cds on it, which is more than my entire music collection at the moment. So I don't really need a cd player, but I thought it would be nice to have one. What I do need is a radio tuner, because the Empeg doesn't come with one standard, and their radio tuners have been discontinued. No, I won't likely need to listen to the radio for music again, but I like to get my NPR/talk radio fix every now and again.
Anyway, here's the link if you wanna check it out, though they have been discontinued now http://www.sonicblue.com/audio/rio/riocar.asp

[Modified by nidhal, 10:14 PM 4-12-2002]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.