·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Re: Jetta smoked tails (Cullen)

quote:[HR][/HR]You can get these:

Maybe better price somewhere else?
$269. pair
http://www.rpi-equipped.com/lighting.htm#vwtailight [HR][/HR]​
Mike Potterman sells them for $225 (sometimes that included free shipping depending on what specials he is running and ALWAYS includes free snax such as cookies!! YUM!). http://www.parts4vws.com
email: [email protected]
just a note on these: They used to be made in germany but german production has discontinued, they are now made in China. I belive that they are made in China now because they still make the a2 jetta there with the same tails now. I have the Chinese ones and the quality is excellent, same if not better than the German ones from a couple of years ago. I have a friend that has the german ones too, and we compared. There are some people that are making non Hella imitations in Latain America that are way cheap (like $85USD) you can find some of these at: http://www.memoimports.com (they also make 1/2 clear 1/2 red)
I recomend purchasing the Hella brand ones over the Latain American ones, they quality is noticeably better. Don't be fooled by someone telling you that they have real Hella ones that are German, they could but that is doubtful, LOOK AND SEE THAT THEY ARE MADE IN GERMANY BEFORE BUYING. The box still says "Made in Germany" on it, but the contents say otherwise (it would normally be against the law to do this, but since they are not DOT legal in the states there is not much you can do to Hella Germany for writing this on the box). Once again, the China quality is Excellent, they are fine.
You can make a vender look bad if you work this right, take this story for example:
While at waterfest this year i was browsing the vender section and i saw a pair of mk2 jetta tails at RPI booth. I asked the sales guy if they were made in germany, to which he answers, "Yes, of course, we don't sell anything but german". To this I respond, "really that is cool, i have not been able to find any! Can you open the box (which is still factory sealed) and show me?" He says, "it says 'Made in Germany' right here on the side of the box." I respond, "I know, but i bet that the lense says 'Made in China' all over it!" He opens the box, and waddya know, CHINA! I have confirmed this with many sets of these tails.
Hella Germany just began carrying these tails again after about 2 years of being discontinued, so that is why they are still using the old box. I imagine that they will change the box in the comming monthes due to complints in germany.

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Re: Jetta smoked tails (lucaq)

All I have ever seen is the half smoked pictured above. I was told by Ron at Denon that Hella did make some all-smoked as well and that he gets them once in a great while. Never seen them iun person to this day.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Re: Jetta smoked tails (tram)

Did nobody read my post?
I feel unloved. *snif* After all the time i spent researching the smoked lights for my car and the time that i spent posting here.

·
Registered
33,032 Posts
Re: Jetta smoked tails (lucaq)

quote:[HR][/HR]Hella Germany just began carrying these tails again after about 2 years of being discontinued, so that is why they are still using the old box. I imagine that they will change the box in the comming monthes due to complints in germany.[HR][/HR]​

I dunno but all of it sound logical, and you can't really find them readily in europe, you have to DIG

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Jetta smoked tails (Cullen)

Excellent! thanks guys!
Phobia16v, are yours done with model paint as well??? Looks sharp! Or maybe it's just the angle of the picture.. Either way they all look good

1 - 13 of 13 Posts