VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I'm posting this in the correct spot, I'm new to the site and forums in general.

I recently bought a 2002 Jetta 1.8T with a turbo and it has a tiptonic transmission. It ran like a dream getting me to and from school in the snow for about a month, then the struggles hit me hard. It has been having trouble going into 2nd and 3rd gear, if feels like it shifts, but hesitates getting the power caught up to its shift, and if it happens in "normal time" it bangs and then catches itself and goes. It goes, but the hesitation is giving me anxiety. It also feels like it "drops" into drive when I shift from reverse, and then it kinda sends vibrations throughout the whole car until I let off the brake and start to move out of my driveway. It idles in neutral just fine and vibrates some in reverse, but not as noticeable as it is in drive. Similarly, it "drops" into 1st while I slow down to stop at lights or whatever, and vibrates again. The guy I bought it from said he was a VW certified mechanic in some way, I'm not sure of his official credentials, but he did show me a lot of things he did to the car that checked out and sold me on it. It drove perfect for a month from when I bought it in January at 103,000 miles for $3250, so I'm bummed its fallen off now.

I've read around on here to see if I could find something close to mine, and I have, but its all over the place, so I'm trying to gather it all in one spot. If any body could give me some suggestions as to what could be causing it maybe some DIY tips to save me some cash, I'd love you all forever. Thanks!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts