VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All anyone ever says is that the Jetta looks like a Camry, Corolla, and Accord. People whine saying that the Jetta should have looked more like the Phaeton...well here it is...
I think they look about as alike as you could ask, and I think that the Jetta's styling is clearly derived much more from the Phaeton than any Japanese model.

Modified by mediumbluemetalic at 9:23 PM 11-19-2004

· Registered
1,439 Posts
Re: Jetta V vs. Phaeton styling (mediumbluemetalic)

good one http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
17 Posts
Re: Jetta V vs. Phaeton styling (mediumbluemetalic)

My opinion: outside of the chrome strips on the front grille and the colour, I don't really see a huge resemblance.... I think the Jetta V looks like an evolved Jetta IV with new front and rear end treatments. It's gonna "resemble" any car in the VW family, because it's a VW, and it's also gonna resemble any other small sedan, because let's face it.. sedans all have 4 wheels, 4 doors and a "boot".
Love it or hate it. It's a Jetta and it resembles a Jetta more than anything else.

· Registered
4,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Jetta V vs. Phaeton styling (BrightGreenB5)

Quote, originally posted by BrightGreenB5 »
Good comparison.
But to my eyes, the fronts dont look alike at all.

The front comparison was mainy about the grilles because they are a good bit alike.
Obviously the headlights aren't much alike because they are shaped different, and the Jetta's bumper has much sportier air dams.
With all of these pictures it's clear to me that the Jetta V is much more of a "mini Phaeton" than anyone is willing to admit. The tail lights are nearly identical between the two cars, the only differences being minimal, and mainly to differentiate the $60K car from the $16K car. The Jetta's rear looks much more like the Phaeton than the Corolla. The Jetta's side looks much more like the Phaeton than the Corolla. The Jetta's front may only share it's grille with the Phaeton, but it shares absolutely nothing with the Corolla.
Everyone will fall in love with the Jetta V just like they fell in love with all of the rest. And it will stick out in the market, just like the MKIV did dispite the claims that it "looked like a Civic"

· Registered
994 Posts
Re:

I don't see any resemblance between those 1 cars at all other than that they are both silver, have split 5 spoke rims and are 4 door. The Jetta 4 is a *** as a *** exterior can be.
Worst looking VW ever made IMHO

· Registered
4,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Re: (2.9VR6)

Ok, if you CAN'T see anything alike between the MKV Jetta and the Phaeton then you need to have your eyes checked.
And I don't think that I'd call any Volkswagen ugly...I'm a fan of them all. The MKV is far from the bottom, and actually up near some of the best. The only VW's that I'd ever consider even slightly unattractive would be the Thing, The 412, and the Quantum (Passat II)--but none of these are ugly, just not as stylish as their VW brethren.

· Registered
1,850 Posts
Re: Re: (2.9VR6)

Quote, originally posted by 2.9VR6 »
I don't see any resemblance between those 1 cars at all other than that they are both silver, have split 5 spoke rims and are 4 door. The Jetta 4 is a *** as a *** exterior can be.
Worst looking VW ever made IMHO

You clearly reside inside your own rectum.
Have you ever seen other VW's we don't get, like the Caddy (Euro model)? Go to other VW sites worldwide and look at the models they have, you'll be happy to get this Jetta after that "discovery". Basically, http://www.volkswagen. (de or fr or fi, you get the point).
But of course, you wouldn't know, you live inside your own rectum.

· Registered
3,729 Posts
Re: Re: (AliensWanted)

I think The Thing is VERY ugly.

I think it does not look like the Phaeton as much as it looks like an Acura TSX.
I like the Acura TSX, so IMHO, I think it's a good car for VW to consider when they designed the MKV.
The MKV is growing on me, but I still prefer the MKIV, and I LOVE my GLI.

Oh...I think the MKV is wayyyyyyyy better looking then the Phaeton.

Modified by theskippur at 9:03 AM 11-21-2004

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.