VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market to purchase a sub and amp setup and would like some input. I have the following subs and would like to pair them with one of the following amps or any others that you like:
Definite SUBS:
2x JL Audio 12W3v2-D2 (rated at 300 watts each at 2 ohms)
Possible AMPS:
1x JL Audio 500/1 (250 watts x 2 at 2 ohms)
1x Rockford Fosgate 601s (300 watts x 2 at 2 ohms)
1x Audiobahn 2150HCT (300 watts x 2 at 2 ohms)
The question is; which amp is best? I know the JL has less power, but from the reviews I've read it is under rated and the SQ is really good. I looked for reviews on the others and couldn't find anything significant.
A friend of mine has an Audiobahn AMP/SUB setup and he likes it alot, but from the reviews I've see on-line, it looks like Audiobahn isn't the way to go.
Another friend has a RF setup and he likes it. I haven't seen any reviews for this particular amp.
Basically I need some input, is it worth spending the extra money for the JL for less power which seems to have better SQ or do I spend less for "more" power. (I quote more, because reviews I've read don't point towards RF and Audiobahn rating their amps accurately)
Help me out!
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Re: JL 500/1 vs. Rockford Fosgate 601S vs. Audiobahn 2150HCT (flyer20200)

I currently have the rockford 801s, 400x2 or 800x1 at 4ohms, I love this amp, it was tested and rated at 900 watts total, so I got an extra 100 watts out of my amp! I'm pushing 2 12' JVC DVC subs and my gain is all the way down on my amp, and these things hit hard and loud! I would wait and see what kinda subs you wanna run first, then buy an amp that will suit there RMS needs!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: JL 500/1 vs. Rockford Fosgate 601S vs. Audiobahn 2150HCT (MOMO Vento 96)

Quote, originally posted by MOMO Vento 96 »
I would wait and see what kinda subs you wanna run first, then buy an amp that will suit there RMS needs!

I am definetly running the 12w3v2-d2's because they are nice and relatively inexpensive.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re: JL 500/1 vs. Rockford Fosgate 601S vs. Audiobahn 2150HCT (MOMO Vento 96)

Quote, originally posted by MOMO Vento 96 »
I would wait and see what kinda subs you wanna run first, then buy an amp that will suit there RMS needs!

I am definetly running the 12w3v2-d2's because they are nice and relatively inexpensive.
I got your pm but for some reason it is nowhere to be found or reply to so i'll tag you here randomly lol, the winter rim specs I got for my mk8 r is 18"x8", 35 Offset, 5x112 Bolt Pattern, 66.7mm Center Bore. No spacers, fits perfectly flush.
Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts