VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15,038 Posts
Re: JMU DuBs?????? (vdubracer16v)

I went to JMU last semester. Look out for silver mk4 jetta dumped on 18" bbs ch's. He has his valances painted, the car looks hot. Also look out for a red mk4 GTI. I don't know of any other dubbers though. I saw a few hooked up but assumed it was just people passin' through for the weekend.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Yeah, we got some VWs here. Black MKIII Jetta, tourquoise MKIII Jetta, and a white MKIII Golf... all modified, but I don't know who any of them are.
Silver MKIV Jetta with suspension, Neuspeed exhaust, and Landspeed front... met the guy but don't know his name.
I've heard that there is also another silver MKIV Jetta with 17s, but I've never seen it. There are also numerous stock MKIVs running around, too.
MKIV GTI with... with red paint, some retard named Andrew, I think.
I don't know anything about a silver Jetta IV with 18" BBSs, though.

As of last week, there is now a Lamborghini Murcielago in Harrisonburg, VA. It's grey and it belongs to my former boss. If you see it, watch your bowels.

·
Registered
446 Posts

nah, i didn't drive up there. and all the A2s were gti's, um........there was a stock black 16v, and a gti with it's lower hatch smoothed out and sitting on 17"s. ( couldn't get a better look) but my friend was up there with his silver 8v, has a black hood, single rounds and 17"s

·
Registered
2,859 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]damnit how come people just driving through see all these nice dubs and i live here and dont see but maybe one nice dub a month?????? i dont get it
[HR][/HR]​
Ditto, I went to school at JMU and somehow missed all these cars

·
Registered
12,763 Posts
Re: JMU DuBs?????? (Overdrive)

quote:[HR][/HR]MKIV GTI with... with red paint, some retard named Andrew, I think.
I don't know anything about a silver Jetta IV with 18" BBSs, though.
[HR][/HR]​
Retard here to represent.

The MK4s I can think of off the top of my head are:
1) Satin Silver GTI VR6 with Montreal Is
2) Cosmic Green GTI VR6 with Montreal Is
3) Reflex Silver GTI VR6 with Monte Carlos
4) Reflex Silver GTI 1.8T with Monte Carlos
5) Black GTI VR6 with Monte Carlos
6) Reflex Silver GTI VR6 with Montreal IIs (a fellow Vortexer--PK)
Other cars I thought of:
1) Overdrive's Silver Arrow Jetta 1.8T with BBS CHs (yum!)
2) Bright Green MK4 Jetta 2.0 with 17 inch rims
3) Turqouise MK3 Jetta with rims
4) Nick's MK1 Rabbit GTI
5) White MK4 Jetta with Landspeed USA front bumper, exhaust, rims
6) Black MK3 Jetta with exhaust, rims
And then there's me...the lone red GTI VR6 with Monte Carlos.
So there's a lot of VWs running around, but most of the non-modded ones don't seem like enthusiasts. But if you see my driving around, give me a wave!
Edit--Added more cars that I remembered...

[Modified by U n i o n 0015, 9:43 PM 4-9-2002]

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: JMU DuBs?????? (corradub019)

Macrock ruled.......Anyone see FAIRWEATHER, STRIKE ANYWHERE, or LIARS ACADEMY??????? I saw a black A2 rocking steelies...slammed (looked stock besides that)

[Modified by WHITE8V92GTI, 12:04 AM 4-11-2002]

·
Registered
3,374 Posts

oh damn, someone actually notice my car. sweeeeeeet. hehe. i saw a bunch of dubs there, whether or not they were vortex members is the question. i saw a red mk4 gti with the stock 5 star wheels and it was parked a couple cars down. i think vw's are just the car of choice for punk/emo/hardcore kids for the most part.
anyways, i finally got the photo albums for macrock up. fairweather was cruuuuuuucial. out of the 15 some odd fairweather shows i've been to, that was definitely the craziest. check out the pics:
Godwin Gym showcase at Macrock 4/5/02
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291919683
Main St. Bar showcase at Macrock 4/6/02
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291916669

·
Registered
446 Posts
Re: JMU DuBs?????? (WHITE8V92GTI)

quote:[HR][/HR]Macrock ruled.......Anyone see FAIRWEATHER, STRIKE ANYWHERE, or LIARS ACADEMY??????? I saw a black A2 rocking steelies...slammed (looked stock besides that)[HR][/HR]​
hells yea macrock ruled, i'm still wearing the wrist band. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif, and that sounds like the 16v i saw.
oh yeah,and if your going to THURSDAY & SPARTA friday at the black cat you'll see my corrado there

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Re: JMU DuBs?????? (corradub019)

quote:[HR][/HR]hells yea macrock ruled, i'm still wearing the wrist band.[HR][/HR]​
thursday will be crucial. you're still wearing your wrist band? what a ***!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
829 Posts
Re: JMU DuBs?????? (VWLeistung)

AhhHhh. I don't have my ticket yet and it's friday. But anyways, the black 16v, were you at the Econo Lodge??? Do you have all the stickers on the back of your car??
Uriah and Tee, I will see you tonight!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.