VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to know about the quality of the grill, since I found it for $100, which IMO is dirt cheap. I think I saw someone here with one on a red Jetta, unpainted and it was all wavy. Also, the hood fill in, what is it made out of.

Looks nasty in this picture though.
Thanks!

·
Registered
25,085 Posts
Re: JOM Badgeless Grill: Quality?? (papasuki)

ask 16vracer -- he has one (unpainted) on his silver GTI. I personally dont like it as the upper part of the bumper has a strip over it to cover it, while the Bonrath does not, and comes with a small filler piece to fill in the indent which imho looks much better (see drivrswntd's car for the bonrath)
stu

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: JOM Badgeless Grill: Quality?? (Boostin20v)

quote:[HR][/HR]ask 16vracer -- he has one (unpainted) on his silver GTI. I personally dont like it as the upper part of the bumper has a strip over it to cover it, while the Bonrath does not, and comes with a small filler piece to fill in the indent which imho looks much better (see drivrswntd's car for the bonrath)
stu[HR][/HR]​
Ah yes, I see what you mean, the Bonrath looks way better.. Anyone know where can I find the Bonrath grill for sale?
Again, thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Re: JOM Badgeless Grill: Quality?? (papasuki)

Here's a pic of my JOM grill, Quality is not bad at all, I would have prefered that the half moon piece was molded onto the main grill it's self, not just a piece that has to be glued on to the hood as is with the JOM unit.
Not a great pic,but oh well. It is made out of a semi ridged plastic.

[Modified by Hatzo's1.8t's, 11:26 PM 4-11-2002]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.