VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
why does it need so many aggressive lines

the o.g
the "o.g" you have pictured (i would say OV :laugh:) WAS extremely aggressive compared to the typical styling of that time. look at the 'vettes etc that were released around that time. the viper was WAY more aggressive. also, although the original viper is pretty rounded, it did have some really sharp defined lines. look at the back, or the trailing edge of the fenders.

the rounded aero look is a thing of the past. i think the rendering above keeps the viper personality while updating the look to be more angular and in line with current styling trends.

the angular approach does have some aero benefits too, as engineers have found that sharp angles are quite beneficial in some places.

but i'm wondering what this rendering represents. because it certainly isn't a very close likeness to the ACTUAL 2013 viper, at least based on leaked photos....

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
JS really didn't get the reflections very good with this rendering, especially on that hood. He's usually pretty accurate but this one is just all over the place. :(
The hood is totally wrong. It's lacking the heat extractors and the grill is misshapen. This rendering was probably done before the leaked photos.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Thanks for the random tags tapatalk!

·
Registered
39,636 Posts
What motor?
8.7L V10 has been the prevailing rumor.

I think the hood and front end are a bit too overblown in the rendering, the rear end is going to have more of the second-gen GTS's ass, and the cockpit will have more double-bubble going on.

That's all just based on what we've been teased so far.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.