Neidfaktor Alcantara Shift Knob and Boot
OEM RS3 Alcantara Steering Wheel
oCarbon Carbon Fiber Interior Trim
OEM A3 All Weather Mats
OEM First Aid Kit
OEM Black Pearl Audi Sport License Plate Frame

Wheels:
OEM 19x8 - winter set
BLK 501 GTR in 19x8.5 with gloss brushed gunmetal centers and polished cleared lips - summer set

Tires:
Pirelli Sottozero Serie II winter tires in 19"
Continental ContiSportContact summer tires in 19"

Modifications awaiting install:

Planned Modifications:
FMIC
And more...

:beer:

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Congrats! I guess none of the four of you put down deposits? I can't imagine you'd be able to jump three spots if they had deposits down?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats! I guess none of the four of you put down deposits? I can't imagine you'd be able to jump three spots if they had deposits down?
Thanks!

So, what he told me in March when I initially reached out is that they'd usually ask for deposits, but since I had bought a car from them previously (wife's Q5 in December of 2012), that they wouldn't need one from me for the allotment list. However with actually placing my order today, I put down a 5% deposit which is refundable if stuff goes wrong, $2500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Nice! Almost the same as mine. One way to look at Advanced Tech package: With that awesome discount you are getting they are practically paying you to get it. ;)

From another thread I believe it was Dan who predicted Sepang would be the color of choice for the Vortex crowd. I was hesitant, but now after seeing the color in person and more pictures, I am really liking it.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Nice! Almost the same as mine. One way to look at Advanced Tech package: With that awesome discount you are getting they are practically paying you to get it. ;)

From another thread I believe it was Dan who predicted Sepang would be the color of choice for the Vortex crowd. I was hesitant, but now after seeing the color in person and more pictures, I am really liking it.
Grumble grumble. Yes, that's me. Still concerned. :p

I really just need to get over it. I know they're not going to be ordering them for dealer stock here, and S3s won't be incredibly common, anyway, so I suspect it won't be an issue. Still, I have some other ideas for whenever I am finally able to order.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Grumble grumble. Yes, that's me. Still concerned. :p

I really just need to get over it. I know they're not going to be ordering them for dealer stock here, and S3s won't be incredibly common, anyway, so I suspect it won't be an issue. Still, I have some other ideas for whenever I am finally able to order.
Very true, it'll most likely be common online, but in the real world it'll stand out.

My decision came down to the fact that I've had 2 black cars in a row, so I needed a change. My wife's car is ibis white, so I didn't want two white cars in the garage. Silver just blends in too much for me, every Accord, Civic, Corolla, and Camry is silver. I've never been one for red, even though most of the press pics have been red and I think it looks great. As different as it would be to choose beluga brown metallic, there's just something I personally feel would be off about that color on the car.

Finally, as much as I'd like to do a crazy exclusive color, after ticking the options I feel the car deserves, I don't want to pony up $3k+ extra on a paint choice. I guess I look at it too as a little bonus they included Sepang in the color options as it's normally reserved for RS cars or is exclusive itself.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I like your logic :laugh:

My wife's logic is, you're spending this much, what's another $1,400 for everything... She's not making this easier...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just ordered mine today as well! First on the order list at Audi Beverly Hills. My salesman told me that they were told October 1st will be the arrival date. He said it could be moved up, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. I was heavily considering Sepang blue but I couldn't get myself to do it and ended up going Glacier White. I really wanted the black/magma red interior as well which had a big influence on my decision to go with white.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just ordered mine today as well! First on the order list at Audi Beverly Hills. My salesman told me that they were told October 1st will be the arrival date. He said it could be moved up, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. I was heavily considering Sepang blue but I couldn't get myself to do it and ended up going Glacier White. I really wanted the black/magma red interior as well which had a big influence on my decision to go with white.
what are those of you first orderers paying for the car/options? Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I actually didn't discuss price yet, just set the order. I'm going to have to go back in to do that but I'll let you know the details once I do! The only option I added was the B&O and I'm also getting the ACNA discount so my S3 is going to be on the cheaper end.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what are those of you first orderers paying for the car/options? Congratulations!!!
Thanks!

If you look at the pic in my first post it has the pricing penciled in. The order guide posted on other threads will also give you the pricing for options.

Since it's just the initial order, I've just given a deposit, final purchase/financing and all that won't happen until closer to or at delivery.

·
Registered
7 Posts
options

Congratulations again guys!

I am trying to decide +/- on options. The Nav. and some of the other convenience issues and interior lighting is nice but trying to decide if I should save some $$$ and just focus on performance and price out the options separately versus going all in.

What are some of you doing/contemplating who have not ordered and any input on how you got to your decisions on those that have. Everyone's input is always valuable.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Congratulations again guys!

I am trying to decide +/- on options. The Nav. and some of the other convenience issues and interior lighting is nice but trying to decide if I should save some $$$ and just focus on performance and price out the options separately versus going all in.

What are some of you doing/contemplating who have not ordered and any input on how you got to your decisions on those that have. Everyone's input is always valuable.
I'm checking every box, but Audi has not yet given me every box to check. I'll be on the sidelines until we get super sport seats with extended nappa leather- or, at worst, full nappa leather on the base sport seats.

This will be a car I'll keep ten years, and I figure it's just silly to leave off $1,400 in options to save money. The only wildcard really has been ATP. I think it's worth the extra $1,400, though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm checking every box, but Audi has not yet given me every box to check. I'll be on the sidelines until we get super sport seats with extended nappa leather- or, at worst, full nappa leather on the base sport seats.

This will be a car I'll keep ten years, and I figure it's just silly to leave off $1,400 in options to save money. The only wildcard really has been ATP. I think it's worth the extra $1,400, though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I'm most likely adding the Advanced Tech after all, I too plan on keeping this car for the long haul, so leaving off $1400 to have all the options at this point doesn't really make sense either. And I am realizing I actually have a justifiable reason for having pre sense front. Being in stop and go traffic on I-66 every day around DC is enough for me.

Also Dan, I'm pretty much certain it's full Nappa on the sport seats from talking to the sales guy, other than seeing it in the flesh. I'm going to test drive the first S-line that my dealer is getting in this week as well, which will have sport seats. I'll officially confirm it and post up pictures when I do.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I actually didn't discuss price yet, just set the order. I'm going to have to go back in to do that but I'll let you know the details once I do! The only option I added was the B&O and I'm also getting the ACNA discount so my S3 is going to be on the cheaper end.
Same here. I didn't discuss pricing either as I want to drive it before I worry about buying it. This will be my first automatic transmission car and I'm not entirely sure I'm going to be ok with that. I also figure the market could be a little different in 2.5 months and I might be able to leverage competitive pricing or get a conquest rebate or something.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice! Congrats man!

I'm hoping sometime in September realistically. I remember reading someone saying that west coast deliveries are about 3 weeks behind east coast, which makes sense in terms of shipping and ports. If that holds true early September or late August sounds about right.

Glacier white looks really good, and with black optics I've seen on Euro cars it's hard to beat. Honestly, the two white cars in the garage is what kept me from it :laugh:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice! Congrats man!

I'm hoping sometime in September realistically. I remember reading someone saying that west coast deliveries are about 3 weeks behind east coast, which makes sense in terms of shipping and ports. If that holds true early September or late August sounds about right.

Glacier white looks really good, and with black optics I've seen on Euro cars it's hard to beat. Honestly, the two white cars in the garage is what kept me from it :laugh:

Thanks, congratulations to you too! This is my first car so I didn't have to worry about any other cars in my garage :p I would've loved to add the black optic package if it was an option but it looks like I'm going to have to do that on my own. My dealer recommended a place that does it for a lot of their customers for a good price so I'm not too concerned.

·
Premium Member
6,587 Posts
Congrats on being first in line.

As the other thread suggests...add in the ATP. You'll wind up missing it/wishing you had once the car gets here in a few months.

Look at it this way - skip the Starbucks for the next couple of months and you'll have the $1400 :p

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Congrats on being first in line.

As the other thread suggests...add in the ATP. You'll wind up missing it/wishing you had once the car gets here in a few months.

Look at it this way - skip the Starbucks for the next couple of months and you'll have the $1400 :p
Thanks!

I agree, over the time of the loan it's such a small portion, especially considering I've checked the other boxes. I just won't get a trenta iced drink at Starbucks :laugh:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok, I officially got confirmation that my salesman added the Advanced Technology Package to my order. So based on that I've officially ticked all the boxes.

My salesman has also added me to their "Owner in Waiting" update list. But I'm not sure what that means. He did say that because the S3 is so new my car will show up as an A3 in these emails. I assume that means he had to select a model in a drop down to register me and the S3 isn't in there yet.

1 - 20 of 488 Posts