VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SAMCO Sport MKII Golf Coolant hose kit.

Starting today and through the month of July we are offering this kit for $187.00 and giving free ground shipping. Normally this kit sells for $219.00 Call us or order directly off of the website. Currently Black, Blue, and Red are in stock.
407-447-5363

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Re: July special. SAMCO Silicone replacement hose kit special ... (Swollen)

Quote, originally posted by Swollen »
And the benefits are?

They look cool and will last longer than rubber. I need a set for a Corrado SLC, though for my VR conversion.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Re: July special. SAMCO Silicone replacement hose kit special ... (Swollen)

Quote, originally posted by Swollen »
And the benefits are?

You can have BLUE hoses!!

·
Super Moderator
2013 Tacoma
15,215 Posts
Re: July special. SAMCO Silicone replacement hose kit special ... (Estonian)

what motors do they fit? Any MKII Motor 8V and 16V? what about those of us with ABA/AAA motors and the lucky few with VR6 swaps?
Matt

·
Banned
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: July special. SAMCO Silicone replacement hose kit special ... (Matt)

Quote, originally posted by Matt »
what motors do they fit? Any MKII Motor 8V and 16V? what about those of us with ABA/AAA motors and the lucky few with VR6 swaps

They will only work with the 8V engines in an OEM configuration No swaps or Transplants. We do however have kits for the G-60's as well as VR6's. Check the website for applications and availability.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Re: July special. SAMCO Silicone replacement hose kit special ... (Forge Motorsport)

why do they make a "high performance" part like this, but only for the 8V. that seems a little ass backwards no?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Re: July special. SAMCO Silicone replacement hose kit special ... (Silver4dr)

...or you could put some blue eletrical or duct tape over your stock hoses

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Re: July special. SAMCO Silicone replacement hose kit special ... (dum_phounded)

Quote, originally posted by dum_phounded »

.....you first..

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Re: July special. SAMCO Silicone replacement hose kit special ... (dum_phounded)

Quote, originally posted by dum_phounded »

No way man, Go for some bling-bling gold plating!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Re: July special. SAMCO Silicone replacement hose kit special ... (Estonian)

Why are there none for the 16v?? http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Re: July special. SAMCO Silicone replacement hose kit special ... (gangig)

because the truth is there completely useless, unless you like the way they look. and most people that own mkII's have 8v's and if you have an 8v its easier to look fast than to be fast.

(and for those of you with 8v don't be offended, its a gereralization, i know there are a few fast ones out there)

·
Registered
6,046 Posts

Uh, I'm looking at their site and they carry the hose set for the 1.8 16V. And it's cheaper than the 8V set.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts

I'm just curious how much a factory set of hoses cost. My car is getting up there in miles, like 210k, and I think just about all the hoses are the originals. If I was gonna replace all the hoses at once and the price was close between the two, I would definitely buy the Samcos, but something tells me I can probably do all the factory hoses for around fifty bucks
still they look sweet!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Re: July special. SAMCO Silicone replacement hose kit special ... (aquabat911sc)

is there any way you guys would do it for a mk4?? I need the five hose kit for the 1.8t severely, I have a bad leak, I think it would be nice of you to do it

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Re: July special. SAMCO Silicone replacement hose kit special ... (expectedxxx)

1.8 16v yes, 2.0 16v no.
besides whats the point? in ten years ive never had a coolant hose go, the only time ive seen them go is on a delapadated car.
do they come with stickers?

·
Registered
61 Posts

actually coolant hoses do go... and silicon has a higher temperature resistance than rubber making them a lot better for "high performance" (or people who drive there cars really hard) applications.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Re: July special. SAMCO Silicone replacement hose kit special ... (expectedxxx)

Quote, originally posted by expectedxxx »
is there any way you guys would do it for a mk4?? I need the five hose kit for the 1.8t severely, I have a bad leak, I think it would be nice of you to do it

uhhh....

1 - 20 of 35 Posts