VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I used the jumper to connect pins #4 and #15 (because I am having a drivability issue) but when I connect them it temporarily turns the light off. No blinking. Then when I connect it again it turns it on. I know after 3-5 secs it should start flashing but mine does not. Can anyone help determine why this would be? No matter what I do this thing won't flash.
Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Blink code is too hard to do; get a reader

The Bentley says to jumper 4 to 15 with the Key on. This connects the blink code activation signal wire to ground to initiate the blink signal. The jumper should be connected for about 2-1/2 seconds then removed.

After one blink of the MIL light, the first 4 digit DTC will be displayed.
Bentley section 24A-7 has all the codes for Motronic diagnostic.

So, there you go.. try that or, it will also read some generic codes with a standard OBD II code reader. I have an Auto X-ray $40 deal that reads codes. But I also got a cable that uses the Ross Tech Lite software and that cable wasnt a lot and helps a ton with reading stuff.

See if you get any codes with a generic reader, then buy a Ross Tech compatible cable. You need it.
Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.