VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble finding the wire to jump the compressor. The manual says it's on the low side "somewhere". I have looked all over and i cant find anything.

·
Registered
23,352 Posts
Re: Jumping air conditioner (Cabrio896)

You're looking for the AC pressure switch which is locate on the prssure line near the receiver drier.
From there, unplug and connect a bridge from terminals #1 & #2; the compressor should kick on if it still works.
- Erik

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Jumping air conditioner (bluefox280)

where exactly is the receiver drier because i have honestly looked for so long for this and i cant find ****

·
Registered
210 Posts
Re: Jumping air conditioner (Cabrio896)

The receiver drier should be located on the passenger side of the car right behind the bumper. Remove the splash gaurd and you should see a silver canister. It is connected to the lower hose on the condensor core.

·
Registered
24,127 Posts
Re: Jumping air conditioner (Ghetto-8v)

Quote, originally posted by Ghetto-8v »
Mine didn't need jumping. It will kick itself on when enough stuff is in there.

True, but if the pressure is too low, the pressure switch won't allow the compressor clutch to engage.
Cabrio, this topic comes up every now and then. I just want to give you a heads up to be sure that you're looking to jump the switch for the right reasons. If you're trying to squeak a little extra time out of a depleted system, you should reconsider. The oil carried in the refrigerant is necessary to keep the compressor happy.
If you're trouble shooting something or recharging a (basically) empty system, don't let the compressor run too long unless you're sure there's sufficient friggy stuff in it or before you start charging it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Re: Jumping air conditioner (DonL)

My A/C just quit one day but the compressor still turns on and off someone told me that the compressor is having issues even if is kicking in. Will jumping the wires as describe above will give anything?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts