VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any information on this show? It's on the event's calendar, but there is nothing about pricing to get in or to drag, whether you need to pre-register, any of the minimal, but important information.

Anything on it would be great.
For those that don't know, (well about all I know is) it's a VW show at the Woodburn Drag-strip, June 5th. When you click on the link in the Events Calendar all you can find is this . . .
"-BUG RUN- This show is held rain or shine, mostly shine in the month of May. But let me tell you, we have been rained on before. Buckets and buckets of rain and powerful winds thrashed our show in 1997. However, the true fans stayed (their cars wouldn't start) and we still sold all of our T-shirts. The show also includes drag racing. Racers from all over the Pacific Northwest flock to the track in hopes of taking home that victory. Plaques are given out to winners of the show and shine and drags and cash is earned by the closest guess in the motor blow. The show hosts a swap meet with both new and used parts. There is a concession stand with plenty to eat. A great family event that we look forward to all year."

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
Adult $10, Children 6-14 $5, Children under 6 Free, Racer $25, Car Show $20, Swap Meet Space $20. Gates open at 8 am. Time trials at 9. Eliminations at 1 pm. Car show awards at 2 pm.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (The Nothing)

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Awesome! Thanks man!
edit: so if I wanted to drag, do I have to be there at 9? I just wanted to take it out and see how it'd run, do a couple quarters and I'd be happy.

Modified by pbundy at 10:30 AM 5-21-2004

·
Registered
15,945 Posts
Re: (pbundy)

you can show up anytime and pay the $25 to do the 1/4 mile.. i would sugest showing up early to get a couple run.. then stay for the eliominations anyways.. its pretty fun. i will be racing down there.

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
Re: (brelvis25)

i just might be doing the same...

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Re: June 5th Woodburn Bug Run (pbundy)

a bunch of us went last year and had a GREAT time.. then we had a huge party afterward for our friend that moved away (kevin) .. last year the weather was PERFECT!!!! look foward to this year.. I wonder if a certain blue car will be done? I don't know to show or race yet though

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Re: June 5th Woodburn Bug Run (Bruce_M)

Quote, originally posted by Bruce_M »
a bunch of us went last year and had a GREAT time.. then we had a huge party afterward for our friend that moved away (kevin) .. last year the weather was PERFECT!!!! look foward to this year.. I wonder if a certain blue car will be done? I don't know to show or race yet though

I suggest you quite being such a Volkswagen Audi Group in North America and race the isht bucket becuase noone else is going to run their R32....come on be a man!

·
Banned
5,847 Posts
Re: June 5th Woodburn Bug Run (Looking4ajetta)

Quote, originally posted by Looking4ajetta »

....come on be a man!
even if it is a metrosexual one

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
we (DCI) will be gathering at the rest-stop in I5 right after the 205 interchange again...
will be leaving from there at 830 i think

·
Registered
6,547 Posts
Re: June 5th Woodburn Bug Run (Bruce_M)

Quote, originally posted by Bruce_M »
I wonder if a certain blue car will be done? I don't know to show or race yet though

i think you already know the answer to this...

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Re: June 5th Woodburn Bug Run (dbernhoft)

Quote, originally posted by dbernhoft »

i think you already know the answer to this...

Care to share with the rest of us?

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Re: June 5th Woodburn Bug Run (Looking4ajetta)

I might race it!!!! ~ i have more fun racing than hanging in the car show all day. and it's easier to leave too

·
Registered
15,945 Posts
Re: (The Nothing)

Quote, originally posted by The Nothing »
we (DCI) will be gathering at the rest-stop in I5 right after the 205 interchange again...
will be leaving from there at 830 i think

830 it is!!

·
Registered
716 Posts

Wish I could go, but unfortunetaly I got Traffic Safety school that day, oh well as long as I get the ticket reduced I don't mind to much.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts

FYI
All of you meeting up at the Rest stop be sure and play nice rolling
down to Woodburn, a few years back i meet up with a bunch of locals
there and the next thing you know we are rolling down the freeway at
100+ and sure as **** the Fuzz Busted the first 6 in the line.. Drag Net style. Damn airpatrol
Cost me a few 6$$Dollars

·
Registered
876 Posts
Re: June 5th Woodburn Bug Run (pbundy)

Gonna make this one http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 40 Posts