VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright everyone, the date is set, book it off! :)

Camping
Every year, a large group of us go camping at Campark for the weekend, about a ten minute drive from the showgrounds. Everyone is welcome to come camping, and if you're going to reserve a site remember to mention you're with the Volkswagen group to get a discount! :)

Friday June 22nd there will be a drive-in night at Canview Drive-In, movie yet to be decided.
Saturday June 23rd as usual will be the day of the cruise and BBQ. The cruise leaves Firemens Park at 1:00, so be sure to show up on time!
Sunday June 24th will be show day!

Everyone is welcome to all events! Cost to get into the show is the usual $20 or $15 plus a canned good. Location is Firemen's Park, Niagara Falls. Gates open for judging at 8AM.

Cost for vendors is $25, we ask that you arrive at 7:30 to set up.

The show is hosted by Niagara Volks Folks with the assistance of the Volks R Us club, and sponsored by Johns Bug Shop. All proceeds go to Sick Kids Foundation.

I will update this thread as I get more details.

*NOTE*
Last year we had a few issues with parking cars, mostly to do with people who came in wanting to park with their "crew." Several cars were directed one way and decided not to listen and just park wherever they pleased. PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS. If you really want to park all together with your club, friends, etc. please enter the show all together if possible. Keep in mind those of us parking cars are trying to organize over 400 cars (and the number gets bigger each year!), so please respect us when we tell you where to park. Also, I'm sorry but if you are driving an air-cooled VW and your friend/spouse/brother/sister/mother/whoever is driving a water-cooled VW, you won't be able to park together. We separate the cars for a reason, to make the show as enjoyable as possible for everyone, and it looks a little funny to see a Jetta parked amongst a group of Beetles and vice versa. :)

Any suggestions are welcome. We look forward to seeing everyone again for another great show! :)

EDIT: Lowered cars
I have been told that Mountain road is under construction at the moment, so for those of you driving lowered cars, you may want to take a different route. :)

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
FV-QR

Couldn't agree more with having all the similar models park together.. makes viewing everything easier and looks better IMO

You can always park with your "crew" at GTGs in parking lots, lets respect those who organize this show; its one of the longest running ones in Ontario and always a great chill event.

Oh ya, and please don't whine about judging, instead offer up your expertise in the art of judging if its that important to you.

·
Registered
458 Posts
engine teardown again this year?

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
i havent missed a show yet. Even the year that the show was on my sons 10day birthday :) It was a short show for me that year :)

·
Registered
'84 GLi
1,514 Posts
One of my favorite shows, and i wont be able to go.... :(

Have fun guys!

·
Banned
6,229 Posts
Most likely will not be able to attend...Will be at eurokracy on the 23rd..Maybe next year

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
Been going to this since I was a little kid and it was held at prudhommes... havent missed a year since. Just need something aircooled to be able to bring to the show now...

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Slow cruise to the Show ;)

Any slow air-cooleds want to cruise the back roads from Woodstock/London/Stratford area and maybe pick up some more in Brantford/Hamilton, let me know! We're meeting at 0730hrs at the UPI fuel stop on Hwy. 2 at 401 in Woodstock and cruising from there.

We'll be taking a nice leisurely cruise along Hwy. 2 to 53/ Hwy. 20 through Fonthill and into the Falls avoiding the motorways.

Let me know if you want to join in! :)

1 - 20 of 125 Posts