1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this about 2 months ago in a junkyard with a CLEAN CA Title

Which is now a CLEAN PA Title, mind you
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Pic is 227K in size, click the link to see it.
Right now it's sitting in 2 inchs of water and mildew due to a leaky top. Got everything I need to replace the interior and top except the back seat, top boot and the Steering wheel.
Plans are just to get it inspected with a newish interior and black top. Later I'll do something to it, but hell it's summer and I want my convertible on the road!
88 cabby
Enjoy!
Abraham

Modified by DieselDub82 at 10:38 PM 7-2-2003

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Re: Junkyard Magic... (DieselDub82)

It confuzzles me why nice cars end up in junkyards. I s'pose its so people like you can boast about your find. Nice score, BTW. Body appears straight, body kit looks good.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, forgot to mention that the only reason that I saw that it was in the JY was because it's drivers front tire popped and sheared off.
Upon further inspection after I recieved it, I saw that the lower control arms were bent back and the p/s pump pully was shot. Needless to say I scored those two pieces off another wrecked cabby in another yard for a total of $40 together.
So, the interior cost me: $250 for the front seats(bought a while ago for another car) $75 for the carpet and seat belts, $20 for the control arms, $20 for the P/S Pump with Belt, $10 for the HVAC Controls, $110 for Tax, Tags,Title and Registation, and I'm looking at $150 for a back seat. What's that? About $635 in parts and legalities, not including the price of the car

Yup, I'm a happy camper despite the top leaking.
Abraham

1 - 5 of 5 Posts