VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok dudes, I just lost an enigne in my Dodge 2500 CTD... The turbo is fine, so im wondering maybe if I can use it on a 1.8t? The Trubo is a Holset 2, but coming off a diesel... idk much about forced induction so I dont know it the turbos are the same or?
Thanks
->Thorpe

Modified by J. Thorpe at 6:13 PM 1-15-2008

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Re: Just an idea... (VDUBIN)

Its a larger turbo which will mean a later onset of boost. Any model number on the turbo?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Just an idea... (KubotaPowered)

I havent gotten my hands on it yet to pull numbers or anything... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
Re: Just an idea... (J. Thorpe)

big diesel truck turbos are better kept on diesels.. main reason is beause they are always meant to stay spooled. they dont have dump valves. the turbo has to change speed less reducing lag and improving efficiency. but when you put them on a gas car.. they must be dumped and they take FOREVER to spool back up again.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Re: Just an idea... (mattgreeneva)

Quote, originally posted by mattgreeneva »
big diesel truck turbos are better kept on diesels..

not true, a lot of honda and BMW guys are running holsets on there cars and making good power. not sure if it would work well on a 1.8T without a smaller A/R housing, but it would work.

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
Re: Just an idea... (all-starr-me)

Quote, originally posted by all-starr-me »

not true, a lot of honda and BMW guys are running holsets on there cars and making good power. not sure if it would work well on a 1.8T without a smaller A/R housing, but it would work.

i wasnt talking about a 2.5l 6 cylinder or a motor that revs to 8,9k.. i was talking about a 1.8t. and i was also talking about right out of the truck.. not changing the hot side.
i do see what your saying and your right.. but i was relating that statement specificaly to him and his motor

1 - 7 of 7 Posts