VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess I need to change my username.. This is my first VW and I'm so excited! Not as hot as the GTI's but I need the extra space so it'll do. Plus I'm super excited for the pano roof! It will most likely be down 90% of the time.

My question is what is the best short antenna to replace that nasty whip? If anyone has bought a replacement and has a suggestion on a seller as well let me know. Also there are tons of tint pictures on this forum but not many on the wagons so I was wondering if some could be posted. I'm looking at either 20 all around or something simular.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Re: Just bought 2009 JSW tdi! Improve input.. (Motohip)

Quote, originally posted by Motohip »

I have a 09 JSW and my antena looks nothing like either pictured.
I have what looks like a small shark fin and has and taller antenna and the very back of the fin.
I don't see how either example would fit due to the stubby bottoms of those pictured.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Re: Just bought 2009 JSW tdi! Improve input.. (darkcloud17)

Congrats on the JSW!
ECS tuning has like a hundred antennas to choose from. Like darkcloud17 mentioned, our base is slightly different but all the screw-on antennas will fit.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Re: Just bought 2009 JSW tdi! Improve input.. (darkcloud17)

Quote, originally posted by darkcloud17 »

I have a 09 JSW and my antena looks nothing like either pictured.
I have what looks like a small shark fin and has and taller antenna and the very back of the fin.
I don't see how either example would fit due to the stubby bottoms of those pictured.

My buddy also has a TDI JSW and has the shark fin/whip antenna combo. I would think the Sharan stubby antenna would work with that setup as well...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Re: Just bought 2009 JSW tdi! Improve input.. (2010jsw)

I can't answer the antenna question but have a couple of pics of my tinted JSW!

The second pic has clear corner lights and just got the chip flashed by APR and waiting for a Carbino intake.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts

Congrats on the wagon! Post up some pics http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Just bought 2009 JSW tdi! Improve input.. (scootertrash340)

What tint did you throw on here? I really like it! Also I'm obviously new to this car but what do you mean by "chip flashed by APR"?

Modified by 2010jsw at 6:19 AM 7-8-2009

·
Registered
27 Posts
Re: (2010jsw)

The tint was done by a company that the dealer uses but the front side windows are 35% not sure about the rear percentage.
The rear hatch does not hit the antenna.
The flash of the chip means that with the newer VW's you can have the ECU flashed through the OBDII port instead of sending the whole ECU in to have a new chip put in. APR is having a great sale right now, highly suggest that you get it done!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Just bought 2009 JSW tdi! Improve input.. (scootertrash340)

Love the side markers! I'm wondering if I should go with clear or smoked on a black car. Any opinions/images?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Re: Just bought 2009 JSW tdi! Improve input.. (BurgerGuy)

Quote, originally posted by BurgerGuy »

My buddy also has a TDI JSW and has the shark fin/whip antenna combo. I would think the Sharan stubby antenna would work with that setup as well...

The Sharon stubby won't fit right on the sharkfin combo. It leaves a gap between the base of the fin and the bottom of the antenna. I went with the 3" from BFI, was $15. I thought initially that it wouldn't sit right either, but I was able to just push the rubber down.

·
Registered
27 Posts

Hey great choice I love my Panoramic Sunroof too. It's literally open 99.9% of the time. They have some stubby antennas on oemplus.com I love that site they got great stuff.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Just bought 2009 JSW tdi! Improve input.. (DUSlider)

How is the reception? I don't live out in the country but I like to listen to different radio programs now and again.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts

Quote, originally posted by 2010jsw »
How is the reception? I don't live out in the country but I like to listen to different radio programs now and again.

I use Sirius mainly, but from what I could tell it might be a little worse.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.