VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I love the new ride. Coming from MK2/MK3 VW's I'm completely out of my element, though. I'm looking for informative links and websites with good deals on parts. I've been poking around on sl-i.net...any other notable Subaru forums I should be aware of? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
Re: Just bought a 99 Legacy wagon EJ22! (VolksDork)

Quote, originally posted by VolksDork »
So far I love the new ride. Coming from MK2/MK3 VW's I'm completely out of my element, though. I'm looking for informative links and websites with good deals on parts. I've been poking around on sl-i.net...any other notable Subaru forums I should be aware of? Thanks guys.

if you dont want to get lynched, you better post some pix!!!
congrats http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
41,826 Posts
Re: Just bought a 99 Legacy wagon EJ22! (VolksDork)

Nasioc.com is the Subaru forum with the most sponsor deals and group buys and so on.
I want to pick one of these up eventually, or a '97-'01 Impreza Outback Sport.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Just bought a 99 Legacy wagon EJ22! (AKADriver)

Quote, originally posted by AKADriver »
Nasioc.com is the Subaru forum with the most sponsor deals and group buys and so on.
I want to pick one of these up eventually, or a '97-'01 Impreza Outback Sport.

I was originally looking for the same car, and settled on the legacy because it had the engine and 5-speed tranny that I wanted. It is growing on me more and more every day.
Pic is stock, but mine is identical (99 30th anniversary)

·
Registered
470 Posts
SLI is a great site- it's the most 2g-centric group you'll find. You've got one of Subaru's tank motors - that car should be nice and solid for a long time.
I've got the same SN over there. Cliffs is that most WRX suspension will fit if you do strut top, spring, and strut (do all parts from the donor car), or coilovers. Don't bother with power, you're not getting much out of them without a swap. Great dailies that can still pick up the skirts and boogie with a little suspension work.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Re: (sybir)

for NA power you can swap in a 2.5 block under the stock heads for a nice bump in compression and displacement, makes for a nice torquey motor that runs like stock. i ran one in the phase 1 flavor for a while. i'd just find a messed up ej25 and rebuild the whole thing for power if i were to do it again.
nasioc PNW classifieds, legacycentral, craigslist, and car-part.com are pretty much all i need classifieds wise. legacycentral is a great site but most of the knowledge there is obd1 cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.