VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Banned
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello every one, i'm kind of an old member to this forum but have'n loged on for a while... I used to have a 98 jetta GLX VR-6, but didn't to much proformance to it because i had plans to sell it. Just recently i bought an 01 GTI GLX VR-6 and have some questions and advice on any sort of mods for it. What should my first things i should do .. I kind of want to start off with my computer... What do you guys think??? Any advice is greatly appreciated... Thanks

· Registered
11,798 Posts
Re: (rocket vr6)

Quote, originally posted by rocket vr6 »
How is this the wrong forum?

cause the guy didnt read past 98 glx and made himself look like an ass.

anyway, suspension, rsb, exhaust...make that 12v sound like it should. could do an intake, chip is possible...but minimal gains to be had. of course get a nice set of wheels and tires.... thats a great start.

· Banned
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wel the car already came with a nurospeep intake w/ heat sheild and rims (18" Powercoat with low pro ZR rated tires) Looks sick by the way.... Other than that what eles.??? you said the exhaust what kinds u guys recom.??? Same with chip or should I do a programer instead???

Is There a web site to buy mods for the GTI VR6???
Thanks...

· Registered
7,577 Posts
Re: (audi666)

12v forum http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
giac chip any 2and half exh will make the car scream with evil happiness then slam it call it a year and next year turbo or sc http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
2,714 Posts
Re: (dansonepointeight)

Performance wise...i'd say save up for an FI kit (vf supercharger or a turbo kit). Other than that the suspension and exhaust would be a good idea. An exhaust would sound absolutely awesome on your car. I've owned two VR6's...the price per H.P. ratio is depressing for VR6 parts (ex. intake, cams, pulleys, chip).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.