VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Should be able to do it with a Vagcom.
I *think* that those of us with a high-pixel MFA can change it through that.
Someone confirm, please. Is that not what "ATA Confirm" in the menu is?
Anyhow, if you don't have that setup, resort to a vagcom. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
It is the diagnostic tool for VWs. The new Canbus system in our cars also relies on it for all changes.
You can get one from http://www.ross-tech.com for about $350. You need the HEX+CAN version, either in USB or serial form.
If you're not too keep on buying one yourself, there is a Vagcom locator site that you can use to look up owners in your area.
http://www.steve-hall.com/cgi-bin/VAG-Locator.pl
You must remember, though, that your car requires a HEX+CAN cable. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
190 Posts
Re: (VWYankee)

Quote, originally posted by VWYankee »
I disabled mine via VAG-COM. I'm pretty sure I tried the ATA confirm in the MFI and it not changing anything, but I may be wrong.

ATA confirm does do it if you turn it off
I like having it on just incase a door isnt closed or something like that if i dont hear it honk then I know somethings wrong.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Re: (VOLKSMANAGER)

Quote, originally posted by VOLKSMANAGER »
Just go back to local dealer they can change locking setting's in less than 5min's
You can also turn on auto lock when vehicle hits 7mph

Not so true. It depends on both their willingness to help and if they have a VAG-COM. In addition to what car you have. As my tech told me it's very difficult to do anything with the VW can tool, but the VAG is much easier to alter settings. He helped me with his personal VAG-COM (off the clock as the dealer wouldn't "support" doing that), and he had changed some '06 non-GLI's from the loud honk to the more subtle of the 05.5's, but couldn't figure it out with the GLI, so we just disabled it altogether. I'm getting together with him soon to help with Vag'ing the Euro tails, so I'll have him re-enable the honk and see if I can disable it in the MFD. If so, I'll feel like a tool for not doing that before, but oh well...

·
Registered
565 Posts
Re: (Elite540m3)

How loud is the new horn on the 2006 Jetta's?
I lucked out and got the cool bmw sounding alarm, same as my Touareg as well

Is it like the loud beetle horn? I know you can def take that out with VAG-COM, just some fun long codes and all that jazz. I got a lot of help with my DRL's and horrible chime for seat belts.
BTW, even after VAG-C taking out seat belt chime will still come on if passenger door is opened while the car is in any type of motion. NOT the regular chime, a faster louder one. Cool features

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Re: (dbrady)

I can only get the "chirp" or nothing.
I would like to have my "HORN" give a toot rather than the lame little chirp.
So, yes, let me see the coding for that.
Please?

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
Re: (SLY MK5)

Quote, originally posted by SLY MK5 »
I recommend changing the honk to a "chirp". which is available via VAG-COM.

Theresias confirmed that cars with the "HONK" cannot be switched to the "CHIRP" as they are different conrol modules so it cannot be done.
You can disable the sound alltogether through the MFA; it's the "ATA Confirm" option. I disabled it for a while but not hearing the "HONK" when locking my car made me feel weird for some reason, so I enabled it again. No Vag Com needed to enable/disable this.
Again, "Honkers" cannot be "Chirpers" unfortunately.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Re: (Tim Birney)

Quote, originally posted by Tim Birney »
Which means I am stuck with the dead bird...

I'll trade your dead bird for my squawker.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Re: (svander)

Quote, originally posted by svander »
Theresias confirmed that cars with the "HONK" cannot be switched to the "CHIRP" as they are different conrol modules so it cannot be done.
You can disable the sound alltogether through the MFA; it's the "ATA Confirm" option. I disabled it for a while but not hearing the "HONK" when locking my car made me feel weird for some reason, so I enabled it again. No Vag Com needed to enable/disable this.
Again, "Honkers" cannot be "Chirpers" unfortunately.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! CRAP!!!!!!!!!111
My 2.5L chirped and I loved it. Ah well, fffffffffffffffffff

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.