aftermarket pressureplate
ported and polished throttle body
gti final drive with gti ring&pinion
TIMING CHAINS,GUIDES,TENSIONERS
ngk plugs
NEW STOCK WORKING thermostat
redline trans fluid
painted trans black with high heat paint
ALL THIS WAS DONE IN UNDER 8 hours!!!!!! go Bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
she is driving real nice now, i finlay know what it feels like to shift into second gear(bought it with 2nd gear syncro issue). bill said he never saw a worse set of chains or second gear(ill have pics tomorrow).

· Registered
3,869 Posts
Re: just got back form bill schimmels shop! (CorradoCody)

quote:[HR][/HR]Lucky you, My car's been in there since Last July getting everything done. I should be going down there tomorrow to see how it's coming along.
CC[HR][/HR]​
lol tell me about that

· Registered
2,986 Posts
Re: just got back form bill schimmels shop! (GotEuroCorrado)

GTI final drive? 3.39? Why would you want that? You going FI?

· Registered
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: just got back form bill schimmels shop! (kmveedub)

i dont race it but i do drive it near if not over 400 miles a week. doing this will get me better fuel econ plus now my trans is stronger for more power later

· Registered
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: just got back form bill schimmels shop! (NVmyVW)

LOL i dident, he said he would, when i got there he was like" ive been working on it ALL day" guess i was top priority! i feel special

· Registered
13,797 Posts

I bet he jsut saw it as something he could bang out in a day, and instead of having another car sitting around waiting to worked on he could just do it.
how much did all the work run?

· Registered
672 Posts

No low temp thermostat and fan switch? Maybe you're one of the lucky ones that doesn't run high temps in the summer.
Everybody seems to report that their tensioners looked like crap when replaced (me included) but I haven't read anything about any breaking. How far can these things go.

· Registered
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: just got back form bill schimmels shop! (CorradoCody)

ah.. nice color.. u know u can remove those lines on the doors with a pencil eraser!
im not goin to say how much it cost cause i did some work for and bill hooked me up

· Registered
1,926 Posts

I'm not worried about it. When I get the car back it's going to the paint shop for a custom paint job and body kit. My car is still not done, so it will sit there for an indefinate period of time

CC

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.