VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I change injector bosses and use cis injectors with out air shrouding? Are their certain cis cars that have shroudless cis injectors or injectors deseigned to be used with out air shrouding. Am I better off just getting an air shrouded cis head? I am not worried about haveing the fattest cam so I want a hydralic head if useing G60 head with cis is a bad idea what is best hydralic lifter cis head to use.

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Just got g60 long block and am going with 84 gti cis. What do I need to do? (dredward)

No one out their is useing a 1.8 g60 long block with cis and boost? What do I need please help. I'm a head gasket away from mounting my Autotech blower. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,247 Posts
Re: Just got g60 long block and am going with 84 gti cis. What do I need to do? (dredward)

Cis + Boost = More work than you want to get it right. and even then you WILL lean out. it's just a mtter of time before you find the wrong combo and lean out. You can use the volvo Fuel distributor from the turbo 240 and it will take you to 220 hp easy (or so I've heard)
I'm just personally not one to trust just turning up the fuel to compensate for boost on a cis system when the fuel needs aren't the same as in a N/A car.
I suggest saving some more cheddar and put down on a g60 fuel injection system and harness. It's just a ton easier, will allow more horsepower and your motor will be more reliable not to mention get better gas milage, if you care.
Theres something to be said for a fuel injection computer that senses how much boost your motor is making and adjusts accordingly.

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Just got g60 long block and am going with 84 gti cis. What do I need to do? (citat3962)

I was gona also upgrade to a piggy back/eic for two injectors to take over when stock system leans out. I know this sounds ghetto but I'm thinking of California smog test. If I have to ever take everything out this will be alot better for me. Any one out their with G60 wireing in Cali passing smog test?

·
Registered
257 Posts

Callaway didn't seem to have trouble using the CIS system with their turbo kit. You can use a Audi 5000 turbo warm-up regulator to increase fuel pressure with boost. The fuel distributor can also be shimmed for more pressure, Autotech sells the shims. Callaway also had a Microfueler which controls an extra injector based on boost and RPM. I've seen someone use a G60 engine on CIS, I'll post up more if I can get in touch with him.

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Just got g60 long block and am going with 84 gti cis. What do I need to do? (TheFlyGti)

Thanx for reply, I plan on doing all you mentioned, now its bout time and $. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.