VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please need help with this one. Do I need a block off plate. What kind of probs should I expect useing non air shrouded head. Are their cis injectors deseigned to run with no air shrouding? Should I just get a cis head? I want a hydralic head what cis hydralic head is best if I shouldn't use G60 head? Any help will be appreciated. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Just got g60 long block and am going with 84 gti cis. What do I need to do? (dredward)

Please my g60 long block is a head gasket away from haeing an Autotech super charger.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Re: Just got g60 long block and am going with 84 gti cis. What do I need to do? (dredward)

Early cars use non shrouded injectors. The only difference between a shrouded injector and a non-shrouded injector is the little cap at the end. It is a press fit, and you can take it off easily.
The air shrouding improves economy and perhaps emissions. I doubt you will have any problems using a non shrouded head, and I would suggest you just stick with the G60 head. The exhaust valves are sodium filled and run cooler, something you don't get with most of the other heads. If you do go with a different head, get a head from an 85+ car (for the hydraulic lifters) and make sure it isn't a GX engine (small intake valves).
-Steve

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Just got g60 long block and am going with 84 gti cis. What do I need to do? (Stephen Webb)

Thanx Steph for help. I also am assuming I'll need oil breather block off plate that they sell for aba or 3a conversions, am I correct here. Also what should I do with oil line(Autotech is self lubricated). I was thinking of just blocking it off. I wana go with a1 style oil fliter mount and maybe an external oil cooler and ditching factor unit, is this a good idea? Any other help or advice I'd appreciate. thanx in advance.

·
Registered
8,385 Posts

You will not need any block off plate unless your talking about the coolant jacket on the passengers side of the motor [where the engine mount goes].

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Just got g60 long block and am going with 84 gti cis. What do I need to do? (Butcher)

this block aper to have an oil breather whole like aba or a3, could be wrong. I just looked at it and it's def different than jh.

·
Registered
8,385 Posts

Maybe I am wrong but the G60 block I have is identical to a JH block but has a water jacket hole at the passengers side of the block [where the A1 engine mount is] and has oil jets for the pistons.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Re: Just got g60 long block and am going with 84 gti cis. What do I need to do? (Butcher)

The G60 block has a rather large hole on the passenger side of the engine block, right where the engine mount goes. For a block off plate I just cut and welded the stock engine mount and the original G60 block off plate together.(Ill try and get some pics) As for using the G60 head with the CIS injectors, thats not a problem. The only thing youll have to change is the injector cups. The type found in the original Rabbit motor(the long plastic kind) wont fir in the G60 head. Youll need to use the brass kind found in Jettas/Golfs. Good luck! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Just got g60 long block and am going with 84 gti cis. What do I need to do? (Rabbid Rabbit)

Thanx for help butcher and rabbit. I over looked mount detail. I've seen pics of this some were on here but forgot who posted pix. Please if any one can get pix with details how to do this I'd be stoked http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts