VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With hardly 300 miles on my r32 i picked up friday, I got it tuned today.

The tune is worth the money for sure
revs freer and pulls harder
btw..When the guy was vag coming my car it showed a fault code because i did the flapper mod...has anyone gotten this?

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
Re: Just got Revo tune on my r32 (hunter399)

i love my Revo too. What is your settings?
I am at Throttle 8 Timing 5 Fuel 8, i will pull the timing to 4 as it gets warmer in summer and F goes up to 9. Brings the car back alive

·
Registered
7,591 Posts

Quote, originally posted by hunter399 »
btw..When the guy was vag coming my car it showed a fault code because i did the flapper mod...has anyone gotten this?

If you plug the vacuum line back into the flapper, should go away on it's own. Nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts

Hopefully Wolf can do my car as soon as possible. I am also going to ask him how he think the CVP manifold will act with Revo

·
Registered
575 Posts
Re: (Be_Liquid10)

Quote, originally posted by Be_Liquid10 »
long neck

CVP long neck installed on mine... yes some low end power is transfered to the top end but it a change and not a detraction. The top end is more responsive and whoa, the sound it great!

If you like to keep your RPMs low the CVP isn't for you! If this is the only mod you will do then the CVP isn't for you!
Arse dyno approved!

Now some software questions:
1. So they tune a stock motor and I've modified mine from stock. Do the various chip manufactures attempt to account for this mod by creating variants or "files"? I'm not referring to the security, valet, or octane variants and I've heard talk about some CAI variants.
2. So I get a flash, then a new variant is developed. Do I get to pay again?

Yes, I've read my manual and it doesn't discuss this...
Gee wonder why???

Thanks,

·
Registered
968 Posts

How can you say that?? My car also pulled harder and revved a lot better after putting 10,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Re: Just got Revo tune on my r32 (AbtSportsline)

I agree. 7,000 miles on my R now and you can really feel it start to pull after the intake manifold changes over at 4.000 RPM. Before the changeover wasn't as noticeable and boy, it really growls now! Man, I missed the VR6

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Re: Just got Revo tune on my r32 (Pelican18TQA4)

I finally got my car flashed. Settings are Throttle 7, Timing 5, and fuel is at 9. I am still not at the magic numbers but I am past 4000 miles. Due to the chitty weather I was not able to step up it after we tune it. What I did notice is that the throttle response is more responsive and I'm loving it. Now bring on the intake.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts

Quote, originally posted by AbtSportsline »
great Liquid, now take that Throttle to 8 for completion of magical number

hahaha, ease there buddy. Let me work my way up. Baby steps here

·
Registered
7,591 Posts

Quote, originally posted by AbtSportsline »
great Liquid, now take that Throttle to 8 for completion of magical number

Throttle8, the first guy on the 'tex to get an MkV R32 http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Re: (mhk24)

Quote, originally posted by mhk24 »
it has side effects on the engine , doesn't it ??? and to what extent ?

I was informed while tuning my car that with the current settings and the way my car reacted to the flash that it would have no ill side effects. Whenever I get the intake installed/hotter weather to take it back to him and we could run it again to make sure it was still okay. In normal driving (m mode) the car did not have any harsh pikes.

·
Registered
85 Posts

Do you have the "select" or "select plus" option then?
I'm considering getting the Revo, but want to have the option to return to OEM settings.
Thanks,

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Re: Just got Revo tune on my r32 (pgrey)

I do not have either at this moment but will be getting one of those once I add more performance mods to the car.
If you are worried about the stealership knowing of the flash then unit is not going to save you. They can still log in and view if you have dont anything. This is what the Reveo dealer informed me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts