VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recieved a couple engine codes on my 2000 GTI 1.8t recently.
17536 fuel trim-lean was the code. I was told this was a MAF failure and that I'd need to buy a new sensor.
I also got a few more codes thrown at the same time.
I think that the VAG COM said that these were misfiring cylinders, but I'm not sure. Anyone know what these are?Anoter question is "could these misfires be related to the MAF failure? or is it the coil-pack/spark plug/timing problem I've heard it could be?
I've also been alrerted to the recall VWoA made on the coilpacks and was told that this could be what is causing the misfire. I have 94,000 miles and I don't know if I would have to pay for the repairs and parts. Does anyone know anything??? HELP!!!!

Modified by OCbuiltGTI at 3:24 AM 5-21-2004

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Just got VAG'd and look at the codes!!! (OCbuiltGTI)

BUMP anyone please... I know there are people out there that can answer this question.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
I am no expert but the MAF is responsible for the air fuel mixture, so thats part of your problem, secondly the misfiring cylinders I would def attritubute to either faulty coil packs or spark plug wires, 94,000 miles its def time to do a tune up, throw in new plugs while your at it

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
If you head over to club18t.com, they got a list of codes...not all of them but some.... and some would be a lot of them.

I guess that would ge a start.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts