VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had dealer flush oil at 5k (yes I'm one of those VW owners). But while there she mention 2 recalls. One to have the ECM flashed and another for an emissions sticker. Afterwards the car drove like a different creature all together, much more eager off the line without the 'stick-shift' feel. Is anyone else aware of this and what it was for?

Sean :)

· Registered
257 Posts
Had dealer flush oil at 5k (yes I'm one of those VW owners). But while there she mention 2 recalls. One to have the ECM flashed and another for an emissions sticker. Afterwards the car drove like a different creature all together, much more eager off the line without the 'stick-shift' feel. Is anyone else aware of this and what it was for?

Sean :)
is yours a 2010 or a 2009? 2.0T or VR6?

· Registered
329 Posts
Also, wiper comment.

Last week I also had my first oil change at 5k and they did the updates you mentioned. Mine drove no differently.

I asked why my wipers would sometimes make a single sweep of the windshield on a dry day and was told that was to keep the rubber from developing a memory from being in one position too long. Made sense, but yesterday in swept the windshield 3 or 4 times in an hour and that seemed excessive.

· Registered
8,813 Posts
Last week I also had my first oil change at 5k and they did the updates you mentioned. Mine drove no differently.

I asked why my wipers would sometimes make a single sweep of the windshield on a dry day and was told that was to keep the rubber from developing a memory from being in one position too long. Made sense, but yesterday in swept the windshield 3 or 4 times in an hour and that seemed excessive.
If you are driving behind someone, the debris they kick up can cause the wipers to go off as well. I have also found on higher pollen days I am more likely to have a random sweep.

· Registered
424 Posts
Just had the ECM flashed today. When I tried to move, it felt like the parking break was on for a second and then I haven't noticed anything different really.

They didn't have the sticker for the emissions, so I told them I don't need a sticker to remind myself not to inhale the exhaust. The service manager got a kick out of that comment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.