VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
Re: Just installed Momo wheel!! But horn doesn't work. What did I forget? (khiser0001)

quote:[HR][/HR]I bet you forgot the ground. (If I remember right there was a wire for that)[HR][/HR]​
Either that, or the horn contact behind the hub is bent and is not making contact with the hub ...

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Re: Just installed Momo wheel!! But horn doesn't work. What did I forget? (jeglseder)

since the horn is just a switch .. cross the wires you have hooked up .. if the horn goes, then you're all set .. hook it up to the switch. if it doesn't work, then the switch is busted, or if it doesn't work from the get-go .. try different wires

·
Registered
739 Posts
Re: Just installed Momo wheel!! But horn doesn't work. What did I forget? (Agtronic)

quote:[HR][/HR]I bet you forgot the ground. (If I remember right there was a wire for that)
Either that, or the horn contact behind the hub is bent and is not making contact with the hub ...[HR][/HR]​
I had that same problem. You have to gently push to horn contact thingee that's behind, and is supposed to make contact with, the hub adapter. It's probably hitting the plastic rim around the hub adapter.

[Modified by cacho, 10:59 AM 4-11-2002]

·
Registered
979 Posts
Re: Just installed Momo wheel!! But horn doesn't work. What did I forget? (cacho)

quote:[HR][/HR]I bet you forgot the ground. (If I remember right there was a wire for that)
Either that, or the horn contact behind the hub is bent and is not making contact with the hub ...
I had that same problem. You have to gently push to horn contact thingee that's behind, and is supposed to make contact with, the hub adapter. It's probably hitting the plastic rim around the hub adapter.

[Modified by cacho, 10:59 AM 4-11-2002][HR][/HR]​

yeh thats what happened w/my momo. now i have no horn,.. which is scary sometimes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.