VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK first af all thanks to KJ-VR6.
Got my Neuspeed sway bar yesterday and installed it today.
28mm, middle setting.
Let me tell you! Next to my UPsolute chip and Hella DE fog. it was best $200 I've ever spent.
Body roll is significantly reduced and I was able to speed through corners at 15-20miles higher than without it.
Im going to go drive more! hehe

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Re: Just installed NEUSPEED rear sway!!! WOW! (soundzero)

Nice man! Did I see your silver GTI outside Waltham Pizza with smoked tails? If not I'm on a mission to find out whose that is... also who drives the kitted cosmic GTI thats behind Brook all the time?
Enjoy the sway bar - we gotta hit Boston for a
sometime http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
_shark

·
Registered
1,944 Posts

sigh... wish I got a larger size rear sway
ah Waltham was nice, hey how come i never saw any modded dubs there

[Modified by UB, 7:02 PM 11-28-2001]

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Just installed NEUSPEED rear sway!!! WOW! (daveylin)

Installation will take you no more than 40min.
But that is assuming that you have right tools.
Luckly, I had my friends who owned aftermarket store installed it for me free.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts

I saw it right across from Waltham Pizza, in front of the PO-9 station. But that was at aboot 8:15 tonight (wednesday) - so whose was it?
UB - when were you in Waltham? There will be another modded dub there soon... but my guess is that they were all scared away by crazy drivers trying to figure out the on- and off-ramps to I-95 in the Totten Pond area... or perhaps it was Lexington street's four lanes in the width of two...
_shark

·
Registered
10,827 Posts

Just watch out on wet roads!

·
Registered
564 Posts

Kewl, but don't let your present euphoria introduce you to a ditch. The middle setting can get you in a jam in certain conditions. Try the aft setting and you'll have more control over your destiny. I agree that a rear sway can improve responsiveness and is a fine mod, but can be deceptive. Have fun.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Re: Just installed NEUSPEED rear sway!!! WOW! (JettaRed)

quote:[HR][/HR]Just watch out on wet roads!
[HR][/HR]​
Speaking of which, I just saw a tow truck in a single car accident on Storrow drive. The damn thing slid right into the wall. The 1st few minutes of rain are the worst.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Just installed NEUSPEED rear sway!!! WOW! (Obelix)

I just came back from second drive.
Raining so it was even better. I wanted to see what I should expect in this kind of weather condition with rear sway.
I totally agree with you on that wet road thing. The car literally slided diagonally as I was making hard tern. So I know my limits now.
I took all the curvy road that I know in Boston area. I am very impressed. My housemate was also riding with me and he mentioned how smooth the corner was.

·
Registered
10,025 Posts

soundzero. What do you have the bar set to now? I know that there is 3 settings for it. Also, do you have a 2.0, TDI, 1.8T, or VR6? I'm trying to find out what will be a better match for my 2.0.

·
Registered
241 Posts

Nice. Was out at the rack with a buddy of mine that has the same ride as me (2001 GTI) and the only diference the cars suspension is that he has the sway.
AWESOME!
Ruduced body roll, dive and squat. I did not expect the reduced dive and squat. i was amazed! We were slamming through the corners on the track.
That may be the first purchase for the suspension for me... even before Cup Kit or Coilovers. Huge difference AND it looks cool. If you notice that sort of thing

Glad to hear that you like it.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Just installed NEUSPEED rear sway!!! WOW! (vertigobora)

quote:[HR][/HR]soundzero. What do you have the bar set to now? I know that there is 3 settings for it. Also, do you have a 2.0, TDI, 1.8T, or VR6? I'm trying to find out what will be a better match for my 2.0.[HR][/HR]​
Vertigobora, I have GTi VR6. I have 28mm rear with middle setting.
I knew from researching 28mm was what I wanted to go with. I am pretty happy with it. The ride got tad harsher and I know I have to be careful with bumps. But cornering and body roll was what I wanted to improve and it did so I am very pleased. I can only imagine what would be like if I lowered the car and throw H&R coil over at it. Dang!

·
Registered
10,025 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Vertigobora, I have GTi VR6. I have 28mm rear with middle setting.I knew from researching 28mm was what I wanted to go with. I am pretty happy with it. The ride got tad harsher and I know I have to be careful with bumps. But cornering and body roll was what I wanted to improve and it did so I am very pleased. I can only imagine what would be like if I lowered the car and throw H&R coil over at it. Dang![HR][/HR]​
Word. I have the H&R Sports/Bilstein sports setup currently and I like it a lot. The ride is much more controlled and actually more comforatble on the highway! I think that a rear sway would complement it a lot more. Thanks for the sound advice!

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Re: Just installed NEUSPEED rear sway!!! WOW! (vertigobora)

Well the weather was finally good enough today to push Babette since installing the rear sway bar. I wasn't expecting a huge improvement but holy crap! The car goes exactly where I want it to. Turns are incredibly tight and controlled. The 28mm rear bar combined with the 25mm front bar and coil overs has proven to be an amazing combo. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Understeer? Whats that?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts