VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i kno the mesh badgeless grilles aren't for everyone, i personally like the plain old 3 bar badgeless grilles better. but my friend told me that it was totally impossible to make a jetta look good with a mesh grill on it. so being the good friend i am, i set out to prove him wrong. i pulled a jetta grill from the junkyard cut out the bottom 2 slats, cut out the emblem, and filled in the top slat where the vw emblem poked through. i didn't wanna cut it all the way up to the hood like the kamei grille, i wanted to do something different. so right now i think i'm gonna put eyelids on the head lights so that it will give it a meaner look and so that they line up with the top bar of the grille. he's comming home from florida in about 5 days...so i'm looking to find suggestions to improve what i have done or ways to make it better.......thanks alot for your help!!!

oh, and if u guys wanna rip what i've done apart, save it, i've already heard enough people tear this mesh grill apart in the last couple hours. i'm only looking for constructive critisizm.....cheers

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Re: Just lookin for idea on where to go next with this...please help!! (n0izepollution)

Quote, originally posted by n0izepollution »

get your self a grill spoiler and slap that on there it should look much better

I have looked at alot of posts about Jetta grille setups and that has got to be the smoothest one I have ever seen!!! The early style Mattig badgeless is a close second.
Nyyce.... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Your car??

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
Re: Just lookin for idea on where to go next with this...please help!! (LUV4DUBS)

mold the eyelids into the grill.
Salty D did it back in the day on one of his buddy's cars, it looked excellent

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Just lookin for idea on where to go next with this...please help!! (V a V jetta W 3 6)

thanx for all your input guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts