VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 4 hours at the dealership, finally got it. 2005 v6, black on black... (almost)fully loaded without the air suspension. Hopefully someone can clear up one negative issue i'm stuck with though:
its got the Nav system, but previous owner lost the DVD (so it was said
). I didn't get it at a VW dealership (carmax actually) but they will reimburse me for the cost of a new one. I'm pretty sure its a DVD nav system, even though the display says 'Insert Nav CD'... is this normal? Vin is WVGBG77xxxx Buttons on the front include AUX, TELE, NAV, MAP, etc...
I'm planning on calling my local VW dealerships to see if they carry it tomorrow... If not, i'll order directly from Navteq.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Just picked up my egg... (nolegz)

well, just re-read the FAQ on the Nav, and it appears I have a CD based NAV system going on the button layouts... bummer...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Not to sound like a broken record with these Nav questions, but i'm starting to get concerned that the new 4b Nav discs i ordered may not work correctly in my system. I recall reading somewhere that 4b or a previous revision of the Nav discs required a firmware update to work correctly... If I ordered the specifically labeled 'Touareg 4b CD Nav' discs from NavTeq, would they contain the necessary firmware update if my system is lacking it?

·
Registered
625 Posts

The cd nav will load a new "update" when you put in the nav cd.
It should work without any problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts