VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I don't post much out of the MKII realm, but I just picked up a Silver 99.5 Jetta GLS 2.0 for my girl, and would appreciate any advice on mods, issues, or any intuitive facts on this particular model and engine. Some things we're going to do to it are:
-drop it like it's hot, what are some good suspension set ups to get a 1.25 to 1.5 drop, preferably adjustable?
-rollin' on ???, what is a good size for this body Jetta (wheels & tires)?
She wants a subtle look, but definitely appreciates the aftermarket world. Could you guys put up some pics of your rides, and recommend some product or places to purchase products for this type car? Thanks all you dubbas

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What?!?! No pics - no posts?
C'mon... the mk2 guys are always so helpful (myself included). Show some love.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Re: Just picked up my first MKIV, need some input/advice. (Front9)

the 2.0 is notoriously known for burning oil, as for other things you mihgt wanna check the 2.0 forums.
17 in. wheels are probably the best way to go for a subtle look if you wanna a little more then 18 in. its personal pref. you can go up to a 8.5 wide wheel for width before any rubbing issues. as for suspension what are you looking for adjustabillity wise? height or dampening? I've been running vw/eibach springs for a 1.3 drop, its a nice subtle drop and these springs can be had from the dealer. Koni is worth looking into for adjustablillity.
just wanted to get the ball rolling.
Horty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts