VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 Autobahn DSG. Plus a photo of my B5 S4. Sold it about 6 years ago and missed it everyday. One of the biggest deciding factors for getting the ‘19 GLI was the warranty. I am going to just enjoy it as is for a little, but my addiction will force me to make some upgrades. My main question is if I get a JB4, will I have to remove it before taking it in for any warranty work? And if so, how much of a pain is it to remove and reinstall? Thanks, and happy to be back in the VW/Audi family.
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
Black 2019 35th GLI M6
536 Posts
There is a harness you can buy on eBay for the O2 tap so none of the factory wiring is modified. Getting the connectors thru the firewall was a bit of a pain, but if you have an automatic it should be easier. Yes, you'd need to remove it for warranty work.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
I don't have one but JB1 is much easier to install and uninstall. You can always go APR plus too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting. I hadn’t really looked into the JB1. Just did a little research and it seems like that might be a good option. It doesn’t seem like there’s a big difference in performance. I like the idea of the adjustability on the fly of the JB4, but having the ability to easily remove the JB1 might be worth it, at least until my warranty is up. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome, nice color! I see you have MD plates, be sure to check out our FB group Maryland MQB.. We have a lot of vw service advisors and techs that could better answer your question than I can!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome! I’ll check it out right now. Yeah I’m in north Baltimore. Are you close by?

·
Registered
2019 GLI Autobahn 6MT
1,130 Posts
That’s wild man. The Imola Yellow is sick! I love the drop on your GLI. What springs do you have? I think that will be the next move for me.
Ha, Nogaro is beautiful too, we did good. I have the H&R sport springs. I haven't driven much since Covid (6600 miles since Jan'20) so I haven't done the shocks yet, but overall, I'm happy with the drop.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Great looking cars. How do you like the gli so far?

Also yes absolutely remove jb4 before service

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
I hear you. Manual rocks, but the DSG is in a class of it's own

1 - 15 of 15 Posts