VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright heres the deal, I hit the critter doin 70+. My coolant flooded out of my car with in 10 seconds. The radiator is loose, and the front valance is dragging. Already made the insurance claim and had them tow it to the stealership. Should I take a check or have them fix it ??? any other suggestions i am open too. My suspension started clicking when also and my exhaust was pingin. That critter got it good. Is there anyway to go aftermarket on that stuff? this is the first claim i have made against this car

·
Registered
8,436 Posts
Re: Just ran over a raccoon at 80mph!!! (Dubstarr)

Take the check,
get new valance, paint it, get new radiator, self-install it and make money out of this!
Insurance is overrated anyway so abuse the system while you can!

·
Registered
7,606 Posts
Re: Just ran over a raccoon at 80mph!!! (vasillalov)

i did that once. but all it did was leave some guts on the bumper and a chip on one of my lower grills.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Re: Just ran over a raccoon at 80mph!!! (vasillalov)

What no pics??? That could have been a first on the 'tex... "Post your road kill pics here"
Seriously, good luck getting it fixed up.

·
Registered
6,560 Posts

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif for roadkill. did you rip off his tail and put it on your antenna it may be old school but i feel it could be a warning to future varmits

·
Registered
2,442 Posts

Thread... worthless... pics.
You know the rules.
Edit: Nevermind - couldnt get the link to work.

Modified by gas, meet foot at 11:35 PM 5-18-2004

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Re: Just ran over a raccoon at 80mph!!! (bubbagti)

You need to do the right thing. Take the insurance money and start a rescue shelter for injured racoons. There is a pretty hardcore aftermarket racoon scene out there, so put the car on hold for now.

·
Registered
4,238 Posts

that sucks man. i once hit a porcupine doing 75mph at 2 am . When i hit that sucke i thought i tagged a cinder block. When i got it taken to the insurance company ti get it looked at . they thought i was lying and was drinking and swerved off the road. 2 days later the insurance company phoned and said they were sorry about the accusations cuz they found a couple of porcupine quills inside the gas tank. that truck even had off road skid plates that got wrapped around the driveshft. Man that thing hit so hard the truck jumped off the ground and i got air from that damn porcupine it was so big

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Re: Just ran over a raccoon at 80mph!!! (southOCgti)

Quote, originally posted by southOCgti »
in california there's no wildlife left to run over. damnit!

There are plenty of people in Cali that need a good 75mph hit.
(no, I'm not dissing California, its only a joke)

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Re: Just ran over a raccoon at 80mph!!! (southOCgti)

Quote, originally posted by southOCgti »
in california there's no wildlife left to run over. damnit!

LMAO, that's so damn true. We just had to shoot a mountain lion that was in a tree in the bay area

·
Registered
9,059 Posts

Here I'll host your pic for you.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Just ran over a raccoon at 80mph!!! (ACEdubs)

Awesome, I'll keep everyone updated on this breathtaking topic tomorrow. Thanks

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Re: Just ran over a raccoon at 80mph!!! (ACEdubs)

Quote, originally posted by ACEdubs »
Here I'll host your pic for you.

hahaha thats too funny

·
Registered
635 Posts
Re: Just ran over a raccoon at 80mph!!! (slowpokejetta)

Quote, originally posted by slowpokejetta »

hahaha thats too funny

funny i dont find that funny at all. its just a picture and its not funny. not at all. and i have a very good sense of humor. think about it.

·
Registered
27,589 Posts
Re: Just ran over a raccoon at 80mph!!! (VWR32TURBO)

yeah self install brother make some money outta that insruance company too bad you dont know somebody that owns a shop or you could get a whole new bumper and some other goodies outta this

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Re: Just ran over a raccoon at 80mph!!! (Valhalla)

i'm sort of in the same position as you right now since i hit a deer. don't know if i should just get it fixed at a shop or take money. i'll probably just take the money though. good luck getting it fixed

1 - 20 of 29 Posts