VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 days ago my oil pump went and now today i replaced the pump cleaned the pan brand new oil. now my **** is smokin like a bitch could it be the solvent i used to clean the pan and pick-up?. also other day in ruch when pump went i left gas station driveway straight out instead of sideways and slammed my tailpipe on the fff-in ground if i cracked the cat could that make smoke. i also think theres a little smoke from the front as well. please help ive dumped every penny i had into this car in the past 2 months narrowing down my problems. thank you in advance for all help

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Re: Just Replaced OIL PUMP, NOW smoking out tailpipe (bobbyborakid)

Quote, originally posted by bobbyborakid »
2 days ago my oil pump went and now today i replaced the pump cleaned the pan brand new oil. now my **** is smokin like a bitch could it be the solvent i used to clean the pan and pick-up?. also other day in ruch when pump went i left gas station driveway straight out instead of sideways and slammed my tailpipe on the fff-in ground if i cracked the cat could that make smoke. i also think theres a little smoke from the front as well. please help ive dumped every penny i had into this car in the past 2 months narrowing down my problems. thank you in advance for all help

Did you put the correct oil pump back in???
I would tap into the oil gallery and check the oil pressure with a gauge .
Bob.G

·
Registered
6,378 Posts
Re: Just Replaced OIL PUMP, NOW smoking out tailpipe (rracerguy717)

When your pump went you could have killed the turbo from oil starvation. Now your pressure is healthy and the turbo may be blowing oil.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you cuz im thinkin turbo too. someone said vale problem but the engine itself runs tits and under higher rpm n boost i hear a f-ed up whine sound so turbo sounds like it. so is the oilrunning into the exhaust or blowing into my throttlebody and being processed by my motor?

·
Registered
6,378 Posts
Re: (bobbyborakid)

Quote, originally posted by bobbyborakid »
so is the oilrunning into the exhaust or blowing into my throttlebody and being processed by my motor?

Could be both.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts