VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I cant find my calipers but the ruler told me I am not crazy. Just picked up a set of fat fives from the classifieds. Seller advertised them as 5x100. So imagine my disappointment today when they show up, I clean them, go to put them on and what, the bolt holes dont line up. I dont know what other cars the fat fives came on but these are 17x8 with ET35. I am guessing maybe an A6? So please tell me I am right in thinking these are 5x112 so I can get the right set of adapters.
I guess the only nice part of all this, spending more money, waiting and being kinda pissed is now I can space my wheels out a bit. Any ideas what would look good with this wheel on a mkiv jetta in terms of spacing?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
Re: Just tell me I am right here, please (porschekid962)

The only other option would be 5x112
The TT fat fives were 17x7.
You will want 15mm adapters in the front and 25mm adapters in the rear.
They will poke just a little.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Just tell me I am right here, please (JDriver1.8t)

Thanks for the help, so 20mm up front would be a bit too far out? Trying to find a machine shop that will do this for me most of the places I have called wont go thinner than 20mm.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Just tell me I am right here, please (JDriver1.8t)

Sweet I am talking to some fab shops and an old fabricator buddy of mine from racing. Thinking about boring out the wheels, sleeving them with steel plugs and then redrilling to a 5x100 pattern. Also looking to put studs on all four corners and use nuts. Does anyone have a line on a kit?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Also, would I have any problems with rubbing if I lowered the car a little bit? Yes can you believe it, a stock ride height car, its unthinkable!

·
Registered
7,624 Posts

up to about 2'' and you should have zero issues. After that I could make no guarantees.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts

Quote, originally posted by porschekid962 »
Seller advertised them as 5x100. So imagine my disappointment today when they show up, I clean them, go to put them on and what, the bolt holes dont line up. I dont know what other cars the fat fives came on but these are 17x8 with ET35. I am guessing maybe an A6? .

that wheel came on '00-'04 A6s and '01-'03 allroads.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Just tell me I am right here, please (teutoned)

Thanks guys your knowledge has been very helpful. Got into vdubs late in life considering I grew up around old school Porsche's and they kinda go hand in hand. Those old "things" and racecars is where my expertise is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts