VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K, first off, let me say that I had NO idea that the car was this responsive, or that much fun to drive. Drivinf a s60R now, and feeling the weight of the car every day, this car felt just so, 'nimble' it was VERY addicting to just turn the wheel as hard as you could, but there was NO hint of understeer. The salesman just happens to be a good friend of mine, and he took me to the back roads, and these roads were hilly, curvy, and really fun. I couldn't believe that the car really did handle that good, in fact I can rememer the smile just plastered on my face so hard, that on the last shapr turn we came up to, I litterally was thinking "Ok, theres GOT to be a breaking point, when do the wheels break?" and just litterally (THREW) the wheel to the left, but the thing was planted the whole time. Very much feeling like the mini cooper S did when I drove it, but with ALOT more get up and go, and ALOT more fun to drive. At one point, I had a v8 S4 behind me, and he was like, right up my ass. I started taking the turns, and he got on it too, but after like 4 consecutive turns, he went from like 3 cars to 7, and when we came out of the turn, he was definetly on it, the S was movin.... he gave me a thumbs up and a big smile
Anyways, the car is insane, I don't know why they are even thinking of doing an R32, I can't even imagine what the car must feel like chipped, i mean the car desn't even really need it, unless your going from a faster car to a 2.0t (Like me) anyone want to buy a s60r??

· Registered
388 Posts
Re: Just test drove the dsg 2.0t gti.. Best test drive ever!!! (VRSICK)

Yeah, I can't believe how much these cars have improved http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif I always thought that my 20th was the pinnacle of VW engineering and fun until I got behind the wheel of the new GTI! The car is so solid and handles far more accurately than the previous models. So far, I've had a hard time wiping the grin off my face! Are you sure you wouldn't miss the s60r, though?

· Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Just test drove the dsg 2.0t gti.. Best test drive ever!!! (epmathis)

Quote, originally posted by epmathis »
Are you sure you wouldn't miss the s60r, though?

Ehh..........
I don't know about that.
I was driving her around tonight, just normal driving, and then she would let out a backfire (It does that stock, we all get it, it sounds GREAT) and them i'd get on her a little. The thing just is SOO f-in quick in a straight line on a roll then the gti. Think of it like this. The car has a real "Sling shot" effect. when you accelerate, it doesn't plow your head into the seat, it kind of just says, "Oh.... go fast you say? ok" and the SOUND it makes is awesome. I've got SO many people asking me how it is to drive that car and its great.
BUT, you know what the first thing that I notices once I sat in the new gti? I missed all the creature comforts that the germans build in. They just make the car so much more, FUN all the way around. Its to my surprise that the include a pipe that makes the engine noise sound louder in the car, and thats ALL the pipe does. I mean, i'm 24, going on 25, and i'm not ready to own anything nicer than my car, unless its used, and thats just a boat load of problems. so I guess, yea i'd miss it alot, but what i'm getting in return, its like a new lower standard that I can go up from but I don't mind it one bit. The GTi so far has all thumbs up.
Oh btw, does the new gti have a full size spare like the mk4?

· Registered
388 Posts
Re: Just test drove the dsg 2.0t gti.. Best test drive ever!!! (VRSICK)

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Your reasoning makes great sense. I drove my brother's Tahoe when the family went on a trip together recently, and I must say I really missed the feel, style, sound, and handling of the GTI! Oh- and the car does have that full-size spare http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.