VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea so my mom borrowed my car and was enjoying driving it and all of a sudden an idiot with an s10 decided not to look foward and proceeded to plow into the back of my car. I was not in the car, mom is ok but some good whiplash. The guy produced no insurance card at the scene and when we went to court he plead GUILTY to NO insurance. he went out and got it 2 days after, yes after the accident. aaaaaaaa I hate stupid drivers. Damage estimate before pulling the car apart is $7000.
Atleast i have a company car so I don't have to deal with rentals, but come on people if you can't drive ge the F**K of the d**n road. Hear are a few pics to show the damage. Sorry not the best pics the camera was on a weird setting i did not realize and i was shaking just looking at my car.
(first posting of pics so if they don't work bear with me)

Modified by psycohomer6969 at 8:20 AM 9-25-2004

·
Registered
173 Posts
Re: Just want to vent my frustration (jettajake00)

So is your insurance paying for it or what... do YOU have insurance? Cause if you don't then... gosh, well that would just be hypocritical...

Hehe, jk, I know how you feel man... got T-boned a little while ago... similar damage estimate...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Just want to vent my frustration (JediYetti)

yea i got ins and they are pretty much taking care of everything but because i never cause accidents i raised my deductable to $500 so that bytes, we are thinking avout taking him to small claims court for the deductable and depreciation of my car

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
Re: Just want to vent my frustration (psycohomer6969)

Quote, originally posted by psycohomer6969 »
we are thinking avout taking him to small claims court for the deductable and depreciation of my car
Um, you do realize that if he was at fault your insurance comapny should be sueing him for the cost of the repairs, medical bills, etc. and not just the deductable.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Re: Just want to vent my frustration (psycohomer6969)

did they total the car out? if they did you they should give you the value of the car and get a new dub
someone hit my boys RSX insurance total it out and gave the face value now he running around with 97 m3 with wheels be cause he kept the rsx and parted it about enything left that was good he pretty much sold

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Re: Just want to vent my frustration (NOVAdub)

Quote, originally posted by NOVAdub »
Um, you do realize that if he was at fault your insurance comapny should be sueing him for the cost of the repairs, medical bills, etc. and not just the deductable.

That would be my thought too, he'll still have to pay his deductible though as that's the insurance he has. But, his insurance company will go after the uninsured driver to re-coop their damages. That's the thing about liability and insurance, they're two different things. He is liable and if he doesn't have insurance, well he's still liable, he'll have to figure out a way to pay for it or go bankrupt. Your insurance though takes you out of all this mess because you have uninsured motorist. Just my $0.02...

·
Registered
171 Posts
wow, that sux. a guy ran the stop sign and hit me (my old car) and did not bother fixing it, got rid of it and got the gti. but you have to come to my job to see how stvpid people really are, they come to get gas and demolish their cars against the rails that protect the gas pumps. and this is at 2mph, and these people are on the street : /

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Just want to vent my frustration (NOVAdub)

Quote, originally posted by NOVAdub »

i realize this but i am not sure if they will also go after my deductable since it is not their cost, or if they do go after it they may not go after it as hard. Also we are looking at going after him for lost wages for my mom. got several lawers involved.
Thanks for all support

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.