VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
15,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 25 years JV will still be giving the exact same interview.
http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/060817/2/maiw.html
"Michael simply isn't a great champion because he's played too many dirty tricks and because he isn't a great human being," added Villeneuve, who has panned Schumacher before for his image and status in Formula One.
"Yes, Senna played dirty tricks too, but he did it with more class, more integrity. When he took (Alain) Prost out at Suzuka in 1990, he said he was going to do it before the race."
So if I say I'm gonna take someone out in advance it's OK...

C'mon JV...it's getting old already. There's a nice, comfy armchair in the race car driver retirement home with your name on it. It's been waiting for you for a few years now.

· Registered
9,833 Posts
Re: JV...we get it...now go retire (tbvvw)

Wow, someone's bitter. Schumacher isn't the cleanest guy out there, but this just reeks of sour grapes. I mean, if he is going to rip into him that way, why not Alonso or Raikkonen? You know there is more going on with both of them then we see.

· Registered
2,899 Posts
Re: JV...we get it...now go retire (Medeni)

He's gonna be one of those guys whose never comfortable when he's not in the drivers seat. He may have made $20m a year with BAR, but he just wants to drive.
I have a feeling we might see a whole bunch of desperate 'look at meeee, i want to drive' comments from JV over the years.

· Registered
3,388 Posts

I think it's fair game. MS ripped on JV's career for no reason earlier this season in an interview. What's the difference? JV was directly involved with some of MS dirty driving. I'd say he's entitled to comment on it.

· Registered
14,449 Posts
Re: JV...we get it...now go retire (blackflygti)

Sounds like a typical F1 driver. Bitter, petty, arrogant. Either way, his career has been over for a while, so it's time for him to start enjoying life someplace else.

· Registered
15,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: JV...we get it...now go retire (blackflygti)

Quote, originally posted by blackflygti »
I think it's fair game. MS ripped on JV's career for no reason earlier this season in an interview. What's the difference? JV was directly involved with some of MS dirty driving. I'd say he's entitled to comment on it.

He can comment on anything he likes...but it's the only newsworthy thing he ever comments on anymore. His F1 career is over...move on already. MS's interview earlier this season was the direct result of JV comments and the circle continues. At least this time MS said he had no comment.
JV just doesn't know how to move on. It's old news.

· Registered
7,542 Posts
Re: JV...we get it...now go retire (dcomiskey)

Quote, originally posted by dcomiskey »
Sounds like a typical F1 driver. Bitter, petty, arrogant.

The nail rigth there. They take themselves a bit too serious, with the personality of a peanut!
And to mention Aryton's name in vain? Come on his dust is probably rolling over in this grave.

· Registered
2020 Mercedes A250 4Matic
18,143 Posts

Quote, originally posted by tbvvw »

He can comment on anything he likes...but it's the only newsworthy thing he ever comments on anymore. His F1 career is over...move on already. MS's interview earlier this season was the direct result of JV comments and the circle continues. At least this time MS said he had no comment.
JV just doesn't know how to move on. It's old news.

Its the media that's after JV not the other way around. The media wants an interview and JV says what he thinks. Its not like JV is phoning every magazine and newspaper asking to be heard.

· Registered
2,500 Posts
Re: JV...we get it...now go retire (Hajduk)

Quote, originally posted by Hajduk »
Its the media that's after JV not the other way around. The media wants an interview and JV says what he thinks. Its not like JV is phoning every magazine and newspaper asking to be heard.

This is also true because he is one of the only drivers left (JPM the other) that will actually tell you how it is. None of this PR sugar caoted crap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.