VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone running one of these (or similar ) K braces? They mount directly behind the rear seat and suppose to stiffen the chassis a bit. What do y'all thinK? Worth while mod?
Product Automotive mirror Vehicle Screenshot Font

·
Registered
183 Posts
I considered one but I sometimes need to fold a seat or two down for hauling things and the ones I've seen at least required some drilling to install so I'll just stick with upgraded rear sway bar though it does look sweet!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I considered one but I sometimes need to fold a seat or two down for hauling things and the ones I've seen at least required some drilling to install so I'll just stick with upgraded rear sway bar though it does look sweet!
They take 2 minutes or less to remove. Just keep a spare tool in your car.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's one from Euro Sport in California.

Photograph Product Output device Rectangle Font

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ended up ordering this one from ECS tuning for $330 with free shipping. It's one of the few ones that requires no drilling.
Photograph Light Screenshot Font Software

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I'd throw the under chassis unibrace on before cutting into interior storage space.

Reactions: Phil37

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd throw the under chassis unibrace on before cutting into interior storage space.
For my purposes, it's not going to negatively affect the interior storage space too much. In 5 1/2 years of ownership, I've put down the rear seats maybe 3 times. For the one time every other year that I might transport something requiring me to put down the rear seats, I can remove it in 2-3 minutes.

Reactions: Dieseldog12
1 - 7 of 7 Posts